Why become a member? ×

Firewire interface to borrow?

adamg67

A bit of a long shot, but I'm just wondering if anyone anywhere in the vicinity of west yorks has any kind of working non PreSonus firewire audio interface I could borrow for a day or two? I'm trying to figure out why my rig has suddenly stopped working, I know it's not the interface cos I've got a PreSonus FireStudio Project and also a Mobile and it won't play with either of them, but then they both use the same drivers so if I had a different interface I'd learn something by whether it worked or not.

I really do have a love/hate relationship with this stuff, it's amazing when it works but I've never encountered tech that's so unreliable. I know I've partly done it to myself by using Windows (there were reasons for that, I'm not a fan of it normally) but you look at the forums and Macs have issues too. And don't get me started on Thunderbolt 3. Sorry, Rant Off.

Actually, if anyone has anything they could post it's probably worth me paying the postage both ways to try and get things solved. As usual tech support from PreSonus and from the laptop people is not helping a lot. Yes, I have turned it all off and on again.