Why become a member? ×

I was at Will Lee's birthday party last week!

SisterAbdullahX

Was in New York last week for a 6 day lads only 50th Birthday celebration and went to see the Band Of Other Brothers featuring Will Lee and Keith Carlock at The Iridium. Turns out it was Will Lee's Birthday, he was presented with a BOOB (Band Of Other Brothers) shaped birthday cake on stage, while the rest of the band tore into a raucous version of The Beatles "Birthday", which he then joined in taking lead vocal duty, then afterwards gate crashed his impromptu party at the back of the room. I was a bit reticent about doing so but fuelled by sufficient amounts of alcohol and a goading by my mates I went up to see him. I needn't have worried. What an absolute gent he was! He started by mocking my North East accent, then proceeded to tell us about how he was introduced to Viz magazine by Sting, and how back in the day he "went to the post office to buy some English Pounds, sent it off to England then had to wait two f***ing weeks for the f***ing thing to arrive!" He then went on to list his favourite characters, notably The Black Bag, Roger Melly, The Fat Slags and Sid The Sexist. He wasn't keen on Billy The Fish, mind. What an absolute star!
The gig itself was great with some great playing all round, but the highlight of the evening was celebrating with Will! We all enjoyed it so much we went back the next night to see them again!

https://youtu.be/u8A5TOG0vKc

Edited by SisterAbdullahX