Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD Gherson Jazz Bass & cool 70's case! SOLD ***
£125

silverfoxnik

Now [b]SOLD[/b] 😊

Hi Folks

I bought this cool looking [b]Gherson Jazz[/b] [b]Bass[/b] about 18 months ago on Ebay, had it set up and cleaned, and then it's pretty much sat around looking pretty in it's case doing nothing. I think I've played a gig or two with it in that time, and maybe half a dozen rehearsals.. Not because it isn't any good, it's just because I use my BC Rich Eagle and P Bass pretty much all the time,,,

So, with an impending house move coming on next month, I figure it's better to see if there's any love for this kind of retro 70's Jazz Bass clone here on the forum?

If there is, then I could be tempted by an offer of around [b]SOLD[/b] plus any shipping costs on top. Here are some photos...

[attachment=253797:Gherson Jazz in case.jpg]
[attachment=253798:Gherson with Bridge Cover.jpg]
[attachment=253799:Gherson body.jpg]

Good points are that it has quite a punchy tone and loud output, courtesy of the [b]Dimarzios[/b], plus it looks great - cool 70s case too that works fine.. It's also got the original black bridge cover too, which looks pretty good to me. Of all my basses, it's the only one the guitarist in my band has ever been complimentary about (make of that what you will??).

Bad points are that it is [b]heavy[/b], it could do with a bit more [b]TLC[/b] to get it to play better - though everything is working fine in terms of the bridge, truss rod etc - and the neck pick up and some of the screws could do with cleaning up a bit as they're a bit rusty with age.

If you'd like to know more, see other pics, come and try it out in [b]Littlehampton[/b], West Sussex - then please contact me.

Anyway, thanks for looking as ever. :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik