Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - KEEPING AS A BACKUP - OLP Stingray
£300

petetexas

Now £280 !

Hi Guys ,
For sale my OLP Stingray , bought on here a couple of months ago .
[font=Tahoma]A previous owner modded it with full fat US Ernie Ball Pickup and US EBMM 2 band preamp (the whole control plate, knobs, jack preamp unit), work done by Martin Bailey in Bristol. Cost a small fortune, but it's a great player with authentic Ray sound, in great gigged condition ( some dings and light scratches ) . Also has a brass nut and Straplocks fitted , includes a gigbag .

The bass has a Musicman logo on the headstock ( not waterside)[/font]

[font=Tahoma][attachment=253835:post-20945-0-53022300-1497387443.jpeg][/font]

[font=Tahoma][attachment=253838:post-20945-0-89993000-1497387456.jpeg][/font]

[font=Tahoma][attachment=253836:post-20945-0-12296000-1497387471.jpeg][/font]

[font=Tahoma]Postage extra [/font]

[font=Tahoma]Pete[/font]

Edited by petetexas

I've got a fiver here you're welcome to try out Marc if it greases the wheels of a sale here. They're really decent instruments & do the Stingray sound quite well, even stock like mine is.

I also know you're trying not to buy anything atm so your call buddy... :P

Hi ,
1) The extra hole under the sctatchplate is the battery compartment .
2) They play really well , obviously not as good as a real Stingray . The neck is a bit flatter at the back , but soundwise , compared to my 2016 MM stingray almost the same .
This OLP is the reason I went out and bought a MM Stingray...............the sound with 2 band eq is brilliant for me , I could get on with it, but 3 band lost me . Used to have a Warwick FNA 3 eq band , now sold .
Pete

[quote name='roceci' timestamp='1507722832' post='3387437']
I've got a fiver here you're welcome to try out Marc if it greases the wheels of a sale here. They're really decent instruments & do the Stingray sound quite well, even stock like mine is.

I also know you're trying not to buy anything atm so your call buddy... :P
[/quote]

Ah, you're quite correct roceci - I really am "trying" not to buy any more basses! - Just not trying hard enough ;)

I had a rather nice MM before - lovely trans red it was too. I liked the quality and the sound I got from it. Trouble was, it was damned heavy
And the neck was rather chunky. I don't mind a bit of neck width - but not keen when it feels wide, and deep...
It seems this OLP is fairly light by comparison though :)

I never weight my old MM - but I'm pretty sure it was the heaviest I've ever owned, and felt much heavier than the RW Jazz I owned at the same time....