Why become a member? ×

Sire V7 Marcus Miller 5 for sale/trade now £400 SOLD!
£550

Steff

Hi guys,

I'm selling my Sire V7 which I bought a few months back. I've played my MM Stingray5 for 20 years and since I got the Sire, the MM has sat in the corner... It is a lovely bass but I fell in love with a KSD I played recently hence the sale.

Plenty of reviews and videos online.

Some details:

Swamp Ash body, maple neck.

The bass is currently loaded with Aguilar pickups - that improved the audibility greatly, although takes it slightly away from the original sound. To me they made the bass useful for gigs, before that i found it to be getting a bit lost in the mix with louder bands.

Tuners have been upgraded to Shaller.

The neck had a professional setup and a few frets have been touched by my luthier - it's a common issue with those basses. Currently with a very low action, easy to play and has the right amount of fret buzz - at least for my liking (I never got the players who like no fret buzz at all - to me it adds nice flavour to the sound).

Pot caps have been replaced with better looking ones - don't remember what exactly but they're quality.

I bought the bass used - the previous owner had broken the volume pot (again a well known occurrence with these bases when someone tries to replace the pot caps). That has been professionally replaced.

The bass comes with a cheap gig bag (I never had the original one as Thomann don't send them with one as far as I know) and with the original pickups should anyone decide to revert back.

Worth mentioning that on the original pickups I've lowered the poles of the G and B strings to create a shape that follows the neck curve, otherwise I was getting a different string to string volume. That can easily be reverted to original too.

There is a couple of scratches at the back as seen on the photos. Also I managed to break one screw when I was replacing the tuners - that hasn't in any way affected the tuning and I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

The upgrades on their own are worth a few quid - the pickups are £300 new (I got them for £160 second hand), tuners are over £80, pot caps are about £30 as far as I remember and there was also the luthier fee of £60 - there's nearly £330 worth of upgrades here.

That pretty much sums it up. It's a lovely bass and I gigged it a lot, but it's time to move on.

Trade wise - I'd only be interested in a KSD Proto-J 5 string one. Edit - bought one so no longer looking. Could be interested in any 5 string fretless basses.

I am based in west London and I don't have the packaging to ship it but I travel for gigs around the UK fairly often - we can sort something out.

Thanks
Steff

Edit:

I am happy to drop the original pickups back in and sell the Aguilars on their own. That would reduce the price with £150.

[attachment=253861:image1.JPG]

[attachment=253862:image2.JPG]

[attachment=253863:image3.JPG]

[attachment=253864:image4.JPG]

[attachment=253865:image5.JPG]

[attachment=253866:image6.JPG]

Edited by Steff

Bump.

Here's a little video from last night's gig.
For a bit of slap sound please scroll to 8:30
Taken with an iPhone but it is audible enough.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/steffmarinov/videos/vb.1471579225/10214456613477080/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1505859020107240"]https://www.facebook...505859020107240[/url]

As I've edited above - I am happy to drop the original pickups in and sell the Aguilars separately. That will reduce the price with £150.

Edited by Steff

[quote name='Steff' timestamp='1505907452' post='3375107']

[url="https://www.facebook.com/steffmarinov/videos/vb.1471579225/10214456613477080/?type=2&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1505859020107240"]https://www.facebook...505859020107240[/url]
[/quote]

Some very nice playing there my man B)

For some reason that Facebook like is going to an error page for me...

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now.

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

Edited by CameronJ

Bump!

This bass is now £400 since I’ve pit back the original pickups but you still get the benefit of upgraded tuners, fretwork and the modded pickup pole pieces that made a massive difference in string to string volume balance.

I’ve now got a KSD flying my way from the US so not interested in a trade anymore unless it’s any quality 5 string fretless.

Edited by Steff