Why become a member? ×

NAD/NCD: Marshall IBS 3520 & 1550 cab

bigjimmyc

Ok, I think I might have just got the best Gumtree deal ever. This might be a good day to hang up my boots and delete the app.

On the face of it, a low powered amp and matching cab from the mid 80s might not be much use, especially when advertised as faulty. The price did reflect that though.

So I wanted the amp sleeve for my new OB1, and it fits perfectly! There's £30 minimum saved already.

The amp itself look in good nick but I will probably send it for a once-over before powering up. I wish today's amps had built-in crossovers....

But the15" cab is a real beaut. Super sturdy construction, elephant hide, smoky pub smell from bygone ages, even brass feet!

Label says 8 ohm 250w rms, and hooked up to my current amp it sounds glorious, even down to low Bb.

Opening up the back, the driver was not what I expected: Celestion S15-250. If anyone can tell me is this is the standard driver or anything else about it I'd be grateful.

Will upload the obligatory pix asap after I finish patting myself on the back.

Edited by bigjimmyc

[quote name='bigjimmyc' timestamp='1505836269' post='3374661']
[attachment=253971:IMG_3082.PNG][attachment=253972:IMG_3083.jpg]

If anyone's worried, I should point out that I paid the full asking price without quibbling.
[/quote]

My first proper amp was a 3520! I loved it, but sold it like a baffoon to buy guitar gear!