Why become a member? ×

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit: Tiny Desk

yorks5stringer

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djUh1eHdepE[/media]

Been directed to this to learn the first song for a Village do. Love the vibe, this is the type of Band I'd love to play in.....dig the Ashbory Bass. Incidentally if you watch the whole show they pluck a guy out of the audience to play with them. I must have mentioned the same thing happened to me with Rich Hall but unfortunately no video running!
On the strength of this have ordered the new album, love the tunes, the vibe and he seems a really cool guy. Notice they screw up and start again on the second song, they just laugh.
Incidentally the Bassist is called Jimbo Hart.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1505895548' post='3374981']
Seeing him in October. Can't wait!
[/quote]

Just got the most recent album, The Nashville Sound and am disappointed compared to the Tiny Desk stuff. So it may be he is better live than in the studio. Certainly the work he does with Amanda Shires seems more pronounced live than recorded.

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1506344857' post='3378052']
I like the new one! Just goes to show - different strokes for different folks!
[/quote]

I dunno, there seems some weird production on the album where his voice is doubled-tracked? on Molotov and Chaos and Clothes whereas on the Tiny Desk it sounds more natural and Amanda does discernible bv's too. Almost sounds on the album as if its too compressed?