Why become a member? ×

FS: Avalon U5 in Peli hard case **GONE**
£300

Beedster

Needs no introduction really, bought on here a couple of years back [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/278349-soldavalon-u5-dipreamp/page__p__2973373__hl__avalon%20u5__fromsearch__1#entry2973373"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2973373[/url] it's had too little use since, and I'm trying to reduce the amount of studio gear I have into one rack unit. Perfect working order, and comes in the type of hard case that will survive even a Parcelforce driver on a Friday afternoon :)

Once again the BC uploader has played havoc with my photos, come back Photobucket, all is forgiven :)

[attachment=254049:IMG_4138.JPG][attachment=254050:IMG_4139.JPG][attachment=254051:IMG_4141.JPG][attachment=254052:IMG_4143.JPG][attachment=254053:IMG_4144.JPG]

Edited by Beedster

In reply to PMs, postage in UK will be around £15-20 fully insured (I won't send without insurance).

If overseas postage will be between £25-30. Last time I sold an item to a fellow bassist in Europe I was hit by a significant PayPal fee for the currency conversion, so payment needs to be in £ with any fee for conversion at the seller's end, sorry. Price is also firm I'm afraid. Apologies of this all seems hostile but it's better to make this clear now than after we've agreed a deal!

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

These are fantastic pres - I actually prefer them to valve pres (though I'm sure others will have a different preference) Seen on stages and in studios all over the world - an industry standard for bass - and the case is a massive bonus!

[quote name='three' timestamp='1505988815' post='3375646']
These are fantastic pres - I actually prefer them to valve pres (though I'm sure others will have a different preference) Seen on stages and in studios all over the world - an industry standard for bass - and the case is a massive bonus!
[/quote]

Can't disagree with any of that :)

This is probably a dumb question. Can this be used instead of an amp head to power a cab onstage? Or does it need to go into an amp head? The only time I’ve seen this in use is in Angeldust Guitars’ bass demos where he runs it into an Aguilar DB750 and it sounds great.

I’m very tempted, if only to have a great-sounding way of practising with headphones at home.

Edited by Quatschmacher

Thanks, Chris.

It does have a speaker input at the back, though. Again, sorry for sounding thick, but what’s that for? I’d presume one could run a cab from it.

Edit - I just looked on the Avalon website and it’s for recording from the speaker (hence input as opposed to output). It makes sense now.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1506074666' post='3376249']
Hello mate, needs to go into an amp live (either a normal rig or power amp only, but through headphones it's lovely. Obviously great for recording also.

Chris
[/quote]

Edited by Quatschmacher