Why become a member? ×

Herts based covers band with a full diary for 2018 need a bassist from January

Skinnyman

I'm retiring at the end of the year and moving up to Lincolnshire. Whilst I won't be sad to leave the rat race behind, I will miss the guys in the band - probably the nicest bunch of people I've ever come across. They've been playing together for around three years and I joined a couple of years ago. Collectively, we're not the best musicians in the world but we do have a good time and generally manage to get a pub rocking. This year has been full on and we've been turning gigs down as we try and keep some time for family/friends/stuff. Ideally, we like to do a couple of gigs a month although it's worked out more than that this year. Next year has over 20 in the diary already with a few to be added once the venues confirm.

About the band? A five piece. Two guitars, drums, bass and female singer. We rehearse every couple of weeks and we have built up a good repertoire which we try and cycle through regularly. We play a fair bit of rock and roll, the usual pub fare (sex on fire, summer of 69, etc) and then a mix of stuff - country, rock, pop. All sorts really. That eclectic mix seems to work well for us and we get a lot of repeat bookings, especially from the social clubs.

I've said that I'll carry on until New Year and then we'll aim to bring someone in. Of course, if someone is available before that then we can start the transition early 😀 . The guys (and gal) in the band are all very easy going. There's no leader as such and it all works pretty well. I'm putting out feelers on here to see if anyone's interested but you should be aware that the guys will be quite selective. I think they'll look for the right personality and someone who'll fit in rather than outright musical ability.

So, the ideal candidate will be in their 40s or 50s (or older), have a relaxed attitude and be open to playing a range of material.

if that's you then drop me a PM.

I'm sorry if this has dragged on a bit but these guys are my friends. I don't want to leave them but I must - and so I want to find someone who will fit in well.

Thanks for bearing with me.....

Edited by Skinnyman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...