Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. Warwick, Artist Series, Adam Clayton Reverso.
£600

karlfer

Warwick, Artist Series, Adam Clayton Reverso.
Korean version (kinda like Lakland did with Skylines series).

I have valued it at £600 trade. I'e seen them sell for more & for less.
It is beautifully made, the neck (jazz size) is excellent, I actually like the "buzzard beak" headstock.
It's very well balanced.
It's a very growly Precision that can be tamed with flats.
Active/passive push/pull, bass & treble.

[url="http://www.warwick.de/en/Warwick---Basses-Made-in-Korea--Artist-Serie-Adam-Clayton--Artist-Serie-Adam-Clayton--4-string--Pictures.html"]http://www.warwick.d...--Pictures.html[/url]

TRADES!!!
I have a few hundred quid for the right Fender P or perhaps jazz.

Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Thanks for all the comments chaps. I expected some ribbing, I wasn't disappointed :lol: .
Strangely I've already had 5 trade offers :blink:

I have always loved the Gibbo Explorer shape ( I gigged an '84 for 17 years) and for whatever reason this appealed BUT I'm getting close to only 3 basses now.
I'm still weak willed and prone to bass picture inspired GAS though.

Full spec is on the link in post #1 (near bottom of the page it opens onto, you just click on the spec).

It weighs just over 8lb.

Cheers,
Karl.

I had one. Strangely, I miss it. It had a great neck, was well balanced and light weight. The active pickup and eq could sound very aggressive and harsh with too much treble, but it was easily tamed, sounded great, powerful and cut through really well. Good quality fit and finish as it was their professional range. But I sold it when I left the U2 tribute band. GLWTS

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1506281882' post='3377609']
Karl, that's easily uglier than me or you.
A shotgun would improve it no end :P

The weight is very tempting..... :blush:
[/quote]

Speak for yourself Tom :P

[quote name='Black Coffee' timestamp='1506282391' post='3377619']
That is the sort of bass that you can't help thinking someone was having a laugh about designing when you first look at it.

But it's growing on me.
[/quote]

Yup. :)

[quote name='Storky' timestamp='1506282796' post='3377629']
I had one. Strangely, I miss it. It had a great neck, was well balanced and light weight. The active pickup and eq could sound very aggressive and harsh with too much treble, but it was easily tamed, sounded great, powerful and cut through really well. Good quality fit and finish as it was their professional range. But I sold it when I left the U2 tribute band. GLWTS
[/quote]

Excellent summary! :)

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1506286108' post='3377666']
May help your sale if you delete your pic from the "Stupidest thing you ever bought" thread
[/quote]

Truth hurts :blush: :lol:

Great basses these. I bought one off eBay about six months ago. As others have said, they balance well, sound good and play nicely. I suppose they are a bit marmite because of the shape, but I've always had a bit of a weakness for an ugly duckling. I have to say, full credit to Adam Clayton for not just going for another Fender signature...even though he's done a Fender signature since...and a streamer signature....ermmmm...GLWTS Karl.....;0)

Interesting comments on the glam rock thing.

I've recently joined a band called Recycled Teenagers (I'm the oldest by a few years).

Next week's gig is a decent sized stage (unlike last nights!) so we're all going to use instruments of little taste, Firebird, V & Reverso.
All a bit teenagy rock star-ish :lol: