Why become a member? ×

Suggestions please. 2U, Class A/B, at least 300w but ideally about 500w, preferably simple 3 band eq.

Painy

As I've posted very recently, I'm currently gassing for an Orange OB1 but before I dive in feet first are there any other heads I should be considering?

Requirements as per the thread title. This is Rock/Pop covers band but our sound is very much rock even when we're playing the stuff that's more pop in nature.
I've already thought of the SVT3 (I can ignore the graphic) and the LH500 but what would you recommend that fits the bill?

Another shout out for GK.

The 1001RB is a fairly simple head (OK, 4 band EQ but easy to use ), 2U, weighs only 22lbs and
sounds great, even when set flat. 540 watts into 8 ohms, 720 into 4, so more volume / headroom than you
will ever need too. Great USA build quality.

Until recently I had two of these, and they both haven't missed a beat in over 10 years. Sold one of them
as I didn't need a spare!

Do Markbass actually make anything class A/B?
Ashdown I've had before and just couldn't get a sound I liked from it unfortunately.
Handbox looks interesting - I know you don't have an endorsement deal WoT but they really should offer you one ;).
LH500 I've heard being used a few times and they do sound decent. Certainly cheap enough if it does the job.
GK again heard being used a few times but never actually plugged into one myself.

But more to look into at least and see if there's anything out there that can override my Orange GAS.