Why become a member? ×

Any news on the Trace ELF?

la bam

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1506429743' post='3378655']
I still think the lack of a di out is a mistake, a lot of the gigs I do where it would make a handy backup require a di. To me it would make more sense with a di as it would only need to pump out enough for stage monitoring then.
[/quote]

It does have a DI 🤔

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1506428202' post='3378631']

That's my personal niggle with these small heads, it's mostly down to the quiet music that I play though.

I had a Markbass head that drove me mad with the fan noise. Also someone leant me a tiny SWR head for a jazz gig a couple of years ago, that was awful.
[/quote]

Exactly,
In the past I've had heads where the fan is louder than the quiet sections of music.

I've already got one as an early adopter of speakons being a Genz Benz user for rehearsal space cabs but most people buying these will be hooking them upto modern cabs plus as a back-up head You want to be able to swap the di,kettle :P,speakon and input cable quicker than the guitarist can tell a rubbish joke! :)

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1506333228' post='3377912']
Mick (the Greek) brought his to the bass bash on Saturday. I didn't play it, but I did a bit of amp fiddling when people were. It's actually not bad. Tonally it's okay. Volume wise, it's not bad either. I would honestly say it's not enough to play in a band with a cymbal happy drummer or 2 guitarists unless you're using a 6x10 which kind of defeats the purpose of using an amp that you need an electron microscope to see as its so small.

I'd say, if you're doing a jazz gig or some kind of acoustic folk gig, it's great. If you're bag is metal or hard rock, you're stuffed unless you're using a massive cab as it won't have any headroom even if you used a topnotch 2x12 like Barefaced or Bergantino.

So, to answer the age old basschat question "is it any good for metal?" The answer is a resounding "no."

It's a very inventive bit of kit, but it's just not for me. I just need more juice from any amp I'd buy and you won't get it from the Elf.
[/quote]

This.