Why become a member? ×

Indonesian Markbass

M@23

I've got a mixture of Italian and Indo and they are absolutely fine. There were questions asked when they first switched production as some cabs were a tiny bit heavier but that is all sorted now.
The only reason for switching production was that many of the components were from the far east anyway so it made sense to assemble there as well, and keep prices competitive.
The change over was a good 2-3 years ago now: had there been any issues they would have come to light by now. Doubtless someone will be along soon who can swear they can tell the difference between Italian and Indo mind....

Thanks all. Good to hear. Thinking of grabbing a NY122 or maybe Ninja. Always liked their 12s. Apparently they stopped using B&C a few years before the switch anyway! Whilst still MII.

How are they taking low B's and octave pedals at volume?

Edited by M@23

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1506333549' post='3377918']

Same, and my two cabs have the same 12" drivers as in the Ninja cab. They take all the power from the head without issue.
[/quote]

Oh, didn't realise your set up featured those drivers! Your rig looks very classy!
That's all good to hear, thanks all. One upon a time I had the Club600, which was a monster.

Thinking the Ninja combo would be a good all round function band setup, 20kg, small footprint and the option to expand being 8ohm. With the amp still pushing 600w at 8ohm too.

According to Marco on Facebook all the Indonesian ones receive a final inspection in Italy before being shipped anyway. I have a Indonesian CMD121P and an Italian NY121. Absolutely no problems with either.

There was an American chap on FB who had a right old rant at Marco because in his view the retailer that sold him his CMD121P should have told him that It was Indonesian not Italian. It was Marco's fault that Markbass were not instructing their retailers to inform customers of the fact and he wanted to reject the unit because of this.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1506337625' post='3377976']
Thinking the Ninja combo would be a good all round function band setup, 20kg, small footprint and the option to expand being 8ohm. With the amp still pushing 600w at 8ohm too.
[/quote]

I thought the Ninja was a 250 watt combo with an extension cab? Is there a higher powered version as well?

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1506355341' post='3378180']

I thought the Ninja was a 250 watt combo with an extension cab? Is there a higher powered version as well?
[/quote]

Sorry, having reread my post, it was badly worded! I meant the combination of Ninja head and 2x12 Ninja cab... just seen that they do a little combo too!

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1506356726' post='3378191']
Sorry, having reread my post, it was badly worded! I meant the combination of Ninja head and 2x12 Ninja cab... just seen that they do a little combo too![/quote]

Ah right, thought I’d missed a combo there!

That should sound immense. The Ninja head is the same pre and power amp unit as the new Caron combo I own, apart from no VLE on the Caron.

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1506367512' post='3378295']

Ah right, thought I’d missed a combo there!

That should sound immense. The Ninja head is the same pre and power amp unit as the new Caron combo I own, apart from no VLE on the Caron.
[/quote]

All ordered, should be here tomorrow!
Thanks for the input all. The Caron looks really sharp. I used the older model and it was wonderful.
I've not had a Markbass setup for years, so looking forward to getting back to that simplicity. Just seems to work for the sort of stuff I play.

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1506340440' post='3378004']
According to Marco on Facebook all the Indonesian ones receive a final inspection in Italy before being shipped anyway. I have a Indonesian CMD121P and an Italian NY121. Absolutely no problems with either.

There was an American chap on FB who had a right old rant at Marco because in his view the retailer that sold him his CMD121P should have told him that It was Indonesian not Italian. It was Marco's fault that Markbass were not instructing their retailers to inform customers of the fact and he wanted to reject the unit because of this.
[/quote]

I remember that rant. The fun part was that the guy was happy with the sound of the combo until one day he opened it and found it wasn't a B&C speaker, and then started a big rant about how inferior it was. Visually.
Ah well... :rolleyes:

I ordered a Ninja 2x12 and Ninja amp, which arrived this afternoon.

I've only given it the once over at home to check it's all in order. But, I've got 4 gigs this weekend, so it'll be thrown straight into it

First impressions:
- love the cab's small footprint. It's tall, slim and shallow, like it's owner... The handle is placed in such a way that it is an easy one hand lift. If the 18.5kg is manageable, it sits close to your body and is comfortable to shift.
- I'm used to the linear volume pot on my last amp... at 9 o'clock the volume was WAY to much for home use.
- Only at home volume, granted, the low Bs and Cs were incredibly pronounced and muscular.
- Markbass cones still dance like crazy when you play a low note!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1506470460' post='3379014']
Why do so many people think factories in Asia can't build anything properly?

The QC decisions of the commissioning company will be responsible for good or bad products coming out of Asian factories, not the nationality of the workers.
[/quote]

That always was the question?
I'm sure the factory machinery doesn't care where it's situated.
My query was, are their own drivers up To B&C standard, are they still using the same grade ply?

First imressions suggest so. If anything, the tweeter/compression horn is actually nicer than I remember.