Why become a member? ×

Bergantino in the UK

Wiggybass

I notice that Bass Direct are no longer listing Bergantino on their website and Berg' themselves invite UK customers to contact them for direct sales (page [url="http://bergantino.com/authorized-dealers/"]HERE[/url]). Wonder what happened there? Just hope I don't need support any time soon for my cabs...

[quote name='Wiggybass' timestamp='1506333443' post='3377916']
I notice that Bass Direct are no longer listing Bergantino on their website and Berg' themselves invite UK customers to contact them for direct sales (page [url="http://bergantino.com/authorized-dealers/"]HERE[/url]). Wonder what happened there? [b]Just hope I don't need support any time soon for my cabs...[/b]
[/quote]

I've always had super fast responses from Bergantino, often from Jim himself. So, despite the news I'd say it was business as usual.

Are they pricing themselves out of the market ?
Vanderkley seem to have become the popular choice from Bass Direct.

I've had 2 AE112 cabs and altho they were fantastic cabs they just didn't give me the sound i was looking for.
I also managed to get the HT322 cab and it was by far the best cab i've ever played thru for any style of music.

I think that's because i prefer normal solid, heavy speakers in my cabs. Yes it is heavy but no more than any standard 6x10 cab i've lifted.
The big difference is they are so well built. The quality of materials is 2nd to none.

I have an Orange rig but its nowhere near as well built as the Berg HT322.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

I suspect that Berg in the US are using that instruction on their website as an interim measure until a new UK representative is appointed - it's possible to bring pretty much anything in from the US if you have the time and money but it's a real faff and the shipping costs could be horrendous. It would be a great pity IMO if Berg did not have a proper dealer or distributor here.

Maybe Mark could offer some clarification if he's still on BC. I know he used to reply to some posts.
Pretty sure he has genuine reasons for moving to other cab manufacturers.
Profit ? Value for Money ? Supply of products ? Exchange rates ? Could be a number of things.

Dave

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1506348576' post='3378081']
I think it's VERY expensive to import from the US now.

I wanted to buy a Saodwsky hard case from N.Y, it was calculated by size rather than weight, and with tax and fees was going to cost me about $650.
[/quote]

OUCH !!!
Just get a custom case made in UK circa £200

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1506347802' post='3378069']
Maybe Mark could offer some clarification if he's still on BC. I know he used to reply to some posts.
Pretty sure he has genuine reasons for moving to other cab manufacturers.
Profit ? Value for Money ? Supply of products ? Exchange rates ? Could be a number of things.

Dave
[/quote]

Indeed it could and to be fair to him it's probably none of my / our business. My concern arises mainly from the fact that I am dedicated Berg user with three cabs that get gigged a lot and not having any kind of support domestically makes me a bit nervous, that's all.

I would imagine you certainly do have support in the UK. Either an ongoing support from BD, if you bought your cabs there or from Bergantino themselves.

Call the Berg dealership directly and find out the answers to your questions.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='Wiggybass' timestamp='1506428971' post='3378641']
Indeed it could and to be fair to him it's probably none of my / our business. My concern arises mainly from the fact that I am dedicated Berg user with three cabs that get gigged a lot and not having any kind of support domestically makes me a bit nervous, that's all.
[/quote]

Its a Berg cab. What can go wrong ? Well built solid cabs with great speakers.
Unless you really are over-driving them to destruction which i doubt as most people that buy Berg cabs tend to look after their gear.

The cross-overs if fitted should be repairable by any decent electronics repairer. Same with the plugs and sockets.

Not sure why you're worrying yourself so much. ?

Dave

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1506430743' post='3378665']
I would imagine you certainly do have support in the UK. Either an ongoing support from BD, if you bought your cabs there or from Bergantino themselves.

Call the Berg dealership directly and find out the answers to your questions.
[/quote] Which one? You know of another in the UK?

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1506449465' post='3378863']
Its a Berg cab. What can go wrong ? Well built solid cabs with great speakers.
Unless you really are over-driving them to destruction which i doubt as most people that buy Berg cabs tend to look after their gear.

The cross-overs if fitted should be repairable by any decent electronics repairer. Same with the plugs and sockets.

Not sure why you're worrying yourself so much. ?

Dave
[/quote]
You're right, of course - but hey, everyone needs a hobby! :gas:

[quote name='Wiggybass' timestamp='1506458816' post='3378955']
Which one? You know of another in the UK?
[/quote]

It's on their web site!!!
[list]
[*][b]United Kingdom[/b]
Contact Bergantino Audio
for direct sales
00 1 512 873 8043
eMail:
[email="[email protected]"]Bergantino Audio Direct Sales[/email]
[/list]

I just wanted to chime in on this topic to help eliminate any confusion. The short answer is yes, we are now selling factory direct into the UK marketplace. Mark at Bass Direct has been a great dealer for us over the years and a personal friend. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned in this thread, economic conditions, especially due to the dollar exchange, have changed quite dramatically over the last year or so, which doesn't present US based companies with a very competitive landscape to do business in. The two options for us was do nothing, which means no business, or offering our products direct to consumers to help make them more competitive for UK based players. You can contact us directly at [email protected] for more specific information and pricing on our products and also look out for future advertising on this forum better showcasing our products. For any and all other bass needs please keep reaching out to Mark at Bass Direct for best selection and service.

Regards,

Jim Bergantino

Edited by Bergantino Audio