3 replies to this topic

#1 SPHDS

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:42 PM

Hi People of Basschat
This may all become irrelevant.....depending on whether I get it or not....But.....
I am looking at getting an Epiphone Flying V bass, and was wondering if any of you knew of where to look for for a case for it, it doesn't need to be a hard case, just a bit of protection.....!
Also what sort of stand is best for it.......obviously a small 'A' frame wouldn't hold it.......would a 'cradle and neck support' type work....or would I have to one of those extended Hercules type 'headstock hold and dangle' types?
Cheers
Sam

#2 dudewheresmybass

Very Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

I had the same trouble with my ironbird.
In the end I found and old grab stand which closes around the body of the bass.
For cases - dean produce a large bass gig bag which is large enough to fit my razorback and ml basses comfortably
"His pedalboard runneth over!"

"lets just say your dream tone is a perfect burp (stay with me) but you can't aford a nice mouth to make a burp and all your working with is a bum. at the end of the day, you can tweak, turn, spin, add, subtract, shine and kiss your bum but no matter how hard you try the end result will still be a fart." - pinched from TB!

endorsing artist: Dean guitars

Posted Image

#3 Burrito

Rock 'n' Rolla

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts
  • Interests:Rock 'n' Roll, Country, Soul, The 50s, 60s & 70s

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

I use and recommend the Hercules stands you describe but I suppose any neck held stand would work to a fashion. Reverb and EBay have a couple of those bags but watch out, they are shipping from the US. I'm sure one would crop up online if you look around or even ask on here under the items wanted section.

Gibson Thunderbird into an all valve Ampeg PF50T head and 115HE / 410HLF Portaflex cabs via a Tech 21 VT Sansamp bass pedal

ably supported by a Fender CIJ 50s P-bass, a Rickenbacker 4003s & a long scale Hofner Verythin bass

European Blonde Doghouse bass with Gut-a-Like strings and David Gage Realist pickup

Accessorised with Couch vegan guitar straps and cool rock 'n' roll shoes

CaseHardin are a Clubhouse Records Artist. Check out our critically acclaimed albums "Colours Simple", "PM" & "Every Dirty Mirror" on Amazon, on iTunes and see us live too

Creedence Clearwater Revival Revival (CCRR) are a glorified drinking club who happen to play loud rock 'n' roll!

Appearing live as part of a small tour of Sheffield, Liverpool, Leicester & Swindon in October with CaseHardin.

BassChat Terms & Conditions - - - Forum Behaviour Guidelines - - - Rules & Guidelines for The Marketplace

#4 SPHDS

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

Cheers!
Another side note......this would be my first bass that isn't full scale.....so was wondering.....would I need special midget strings.....or would my usual Super Slinkys work.....?
(sorry if that is a silly question.....!)

Sam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users