Why become a member? ×

*** WITHDRAWN ***
£1700

Apothem

[size=5][size=5]For those of you who are not familiar with Fclef, they are an American boutique whose ties with Fodera go back a number of years (for instance Fodera NYC line has been produced for some time by the same people as Fclef's) and also distributed in Japan under the BottomWave brand. They make tremendous, high-end basses, and are well established in the USA, although still less this side of the Pond. Expect to pay Sadowsky NYC prices for a new one (starting around 4,000 USD for a 4-string, plus shipping, 20% VAT, 4% import duty....). [size=5][size=5]You can hear an extensive collection of sound clips (around 50-60) taken with various settings at Fclef's audio library:[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][size=5][size=5][size=5][url="http://www.fclefbasses.com/mod-FileShare-category_display-cat_id-1.html"]http://www.fclefbass...y-cat_id-1.html[/url][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][size=5][size=5][size=5]Alternatively, on Youtube you can see several videos of Tamas Barabas (Tomika here on BassChat) and others playing Fclef basses[/size][/size][size=5].[/size][/size][/size]

[size=5]For sale here is a Jazz FCLEF 4 CUSTOM SERIES in nice, shiny Piano Black, with white binding and pearloid blocks, designed to look and sound as a '70s Fender Jazz clone when in passive mode, and as a slightly more modern take in active. [size=5]I just do not play much anymore, so I am scaling down.[/size][/size]

[size=5]Full size ash body, slim maple neck, Seymour Duncan Custom Vintage single coils in '70s position, 18V Fodera / Mike Pope 2-EQ preamp (very transparent, it adds a touch of hi-fi without changing much the tone of the bass: volume / tone control working both in active and passive, pan, treble cut/boost, bass cut/boost; gain trimmer in the electronics cavity, instructions supplied). Pickup bell cover included. Set with a very straight neck and low action. Strung with (old) DR 45-105. Standard 19mm strings spacing. 4.4kg / 10lbs. Very good balance without neck dive.[/size]

[size=5]Comes in a [/size][size=5][size=5] black tolex case [/size](Warwick, I believe) with black velour interior, with keys, in good shape and in full working order (handle, latches, hinges....). The bass is 100% original and with very light signs of use: a little tarnish on the bridge pickup polepieces and in general some grazing/swirls/light scratches (mostly behind the body, as a light buckle rash), although all superficial, absolutely nothing through the finish, and definitely no chips.[/size]

[size=5][size=5]Price is £1,700 plus shipping, paid with a bank transfer. I will only post through the UPS website, as most couriers and all the agents like Interparcel now refuse to insure musical instruments above 250 quid. That makes is £50 for a mainland UK tracked and insured shipment (excl. some remote postcodes and some islands).[size=5] PLEASE no trades, they'll be politely refused.[/size][/size]

[u][size=5][u]BassChatters with an established history and reputation / feedback on the forum but living outside the UK (although in EU) may contact me, otherwise this is strictly a UK sale.[/u][/size][/u][/size]

[size=5][size=5][size=5][size=5]You can find my feedback at the bottom of the page.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][size=5]Thanks for looking.[/size]

[size=5]Claz[/size][/size]

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1507341312' post='3384899']
Im surprised this hasn't been snapped up. F Clef's are awesome Jazz basses.
[/quote]

[quote name='KUSKU' timestamp='1507372797' post='3384999']
I give the reason to the partner I have 2 Fclef of 4 and 5 strings and are great bass.
[/quote]

Thanks guys. Anybody taking the time to go through Tamas' videos would realise why they're terrific. Just to confirm their cost, here's the link to a post where the seller paid USD 5,200 for a new 5-string in the USA, so excl. international shipping, VAT, taxes.... On the one hand he added a couple of custom options like block inlays, on the other hand he had an artist discount!! :o

[url="https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fclef-bass-guitar.1255640/"]https://www.talkbass...guitar.1255640/[/url]

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...