Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Silent bass frame on an NS

Owen

I have an NS5 and a Yamaha Silent bass at the moment. The NS ticks more boxes for me but the skeletal frame on the Yamaha is superb. It really gives me the DB reference points which makes everything feel like home. I am going to shift the Yamaha but am wondering about such a frame on an NS. Clearly the Yamaha will not fit, but has anyone done or seen anything similar on an NS?

I could buy this but it would mean a bit of woodwork on the NS which I could happily live without.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Yamaha-Extension-Frame-for-Silent-Bass-Slb200-Repair-Parts-Accessories-F-s/1553426742?iid=282636055605

I know I am asking for the impossible, but I am just asking anyway :)

That is what the internet is for, right?

Might be worth contacting a cabinet/furniture maker to see if they could make something similar with a better fixing mechanism. The tricky bit would be getting it mounted to the NS. Maybe they could make something with the frame that the NS fits into saving having to drill and holes.

Do you play the NS on a stand?

• 1 month later...
Guest Gabriel1918

Owen, there's a couple of guys on Talkbass with DIY NXT bass endpin stands where they have modified the existing tripod bracket and added carved wood heels, frame sections etc. There's pictures on the NXT megathread.