Why become a member? ×

Any suggestions, for a mini bass rig?

kevvo66

Hiya people , I'm looking at buying a mini bass rig , probably 100 watt ish for home use and quietish rehearsals,I do fancy one of those ampeg micro stacks as it's quit cute anyone got one and what do they think of them or something similar as I'm giving up gigging I think but doing a bit of jamming now and then and some recording but priorities change in life and with me being up in the air health wise and on more drugs than smachead locked in pharmacy for the weekend ,I don't have the energy no more or drive to gig as I'm shattered by midnight ,sorry for rambling on , just thought I'd explain
Cheers
Kev

+1 for the tiny GK MB200 with any decent lightweight cab.
So small it almost fits in your pocket.

You could check out the Markbass combo. Seen a few 2nd hand ones around for circa £400.
I use mine at home and if you add the extension cab its more than capable of coping with decent sized gigs without PA support.

Dave

The little Ampeg Micro VR stack sounds great, and there is just such a rig in the classifieds. The cabs sound like an 810 with less low end. I have a pair of them and use them at home!

A word of warning about the Micro VR stack though, it is designed to be able to be used with a pair of the matching cabs (which you would most likely need to get to gigging volume with only 100W), however it goes snap crackle and pop, sounding like it’s about to explode when you do so. That amp plus pretty much any other pair of 8 ohm cabs is fine, or these cabs with any other amp is also fine. Probably just tolerances and the cabs a slightly lower impedance than labelled compared to other cabs.

I just picked up a Fender Rumble 100 watt combo from the forum. Light as a feather, sounds great at low volume and will go plenty loud as well. Mine was £200 with a quality cover. Used it the other night at an acoustic jam and it was bang on. Try one - I don't think you'd regret it.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1506759929' post='3380888']
I just picked up a Fender Rumble 100 watt combo from the forum. Light as a feather, sounds great at low volume and will go plenty loud as well. Mine was £200 with a quality cover. Used it the other night at an acoustic jam and it was bang on. Try one - I don't think you'd regret it.
[/quote]
+1