Why become a member? ×

Boss BR-800 Digital Recorder+++SOLD+++
£250

For sale is this Boss BR-800 digital recorder.

Excellent, first class condition. I bought this a few years ago and used it a couple of times, then I joined a band that had recording facilities so this was not needed.
Payment accepted through PayPal, cleared cheque, bank transfer or cash on collection from my home in Stevenage, SG2 area.

Can arrange a try out if you prefer,

£10 postage.

Thanks for looking.

BR-800 1 (2).jpg

BR-800 1.jpg

BR-800 2.jpg

BR-800 3.jpg

BR-800 4.jpg

Edited by Daveybm
Closing sale, item no longer available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[b] Hi, this might help,[/b]

[b] BR-800: Recording With a Stereo Instrument/Device and Microphone(s) Simultaneously[/b]

Tags: record, mic, microphones, mics, stereo, external, instrument, drum, machine, keyboard, two, device

The following procedure will guide through recording with a stereo instrument (such as a keyboard or drum machine) and one or two microphones on the BR-800. [list=1]
[*]Lower the MASTER fader of the BR-800.
[*]Connect speakers to LINE OUT jacks of the BR-800 or [color=#444444][font=Verdana][size=3]headphones to the headphone jack [/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Verdana][size=3].
[b]Note:[/b] If using speakers, be sure that they are turned on and that their own volume is up (if they have volume adjustments on the speakers themselves).[/size][/font][/color]
[*]Connect the microphone(s) into input 3 and/or input 4 on the back panel of the BR-800.
[b]NOTE:[/b]
[list]
[*]If you are using a condenser microphone that requires Phantom Power (48 volts), you will need to connect to the XLR input of input 4 on the back panel and not the 1/4" input.
[*]No more than one condenser microphone can be connected to the BR-800.
[/list] [*]Connect the left and right outputs of the stereo instrument/device into the 1/4" inputs 1 and 2 of the BR-800.
[*]Raise the volume on the external instrument itself.
[*]On the BR-800, press MENU.
[*]Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select “INPUT SELECT”and then press ENTER.
[*]Use the Cursor arrow buttons and the data dial to make the following settings on the screen:

[b]INPUT : INPUT 1-4
MODE : 4TRACK REC[/b]
[/list][list=1]
[*]Press EXIT twice.
[*]If you are using a microphone that does NOT require Phantom Power (48 volts), skip to step 8 below.
If you are using a condenser microphone, turn on the Phantom Power:
[list]
[*]Press MENU.
[*]Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select “SYSTEM”and then press ENTER.
[*]Use the Cursor arrow buttons to select "PHANTOM POWER" and then use the data dial to set the function to "ON":
[*]Press EXIT twice.
[/list] [*]Begin singing or talking into one of the microphones and then adjust the INPUT SENS knobs for inputs 3 and/or 4 so that the red indicator lights briefly at the loudest sounds.
[*]If using a second mic, repeat step 8 above.
[*]Begin playing the external instrument and then adjust the INPUT SENS knobs for inputs 1 and 2 so that the red indicator lights briefly at the loudest sounds.
[*]Turn the knob to the 12 o’clock position (straight up), and then slowly raise the MASTER fader.
[*]The REC buttons for tracks 1 through 4 should be solidly lit (not blinking).

If they are not, press the REC buttons for tracks 1 through 4 so that the buttons are lit solid red and not blinking.
[*][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Begin playing the external instrument and/or singing into the mics again and be sure that the INPUT levels for inputs 1 through 4 are averaging between -12 and -6 on the display:

[b]a.[/b] [u][b]If the volumes are averaging above -6[/b][/u], bring down the volume (counter-clockwise) of the BR-800's REC LEVEL knob .

[b]b. [u]If the volume is averaging below -12[/u][/b], raise the volume (clockwise) of the BR-800's REC LEVEL knob .[/size][/font][/color]
[*][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Slowly raise the MASTER fader.[/size][/font][/color]
[*]Press REC and then press PLAY. Recording will begin.
[*]Press STOP to end recording.
[/list]

[b] Attached Files[/b]
[list]
[*][url="https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/201656329/Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.58.27_AM.png"]Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.58.27_AM.png[/url]
[*][url="https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/201727275/Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.56.04_AM.png"]Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.56.04_AM.png[/url]
[*][url="https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/201656229/Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.52.27_AM.png"]Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.52.27_AM.png[/url]
[*][url="https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/201656209/Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.51.46_AM.png"]Screen_Shot_2015-02-23_at_8.51.46_AM.png[/url]
[/list]

[b] Support[/b]

Thanks for that. It sounds possible, then. My only concerns are the compatibility with OSX and the number of inputs. I’m going to have a play with one on Tuesday so I’ll let you know how I get on but don’t wait for me!

Thanks again
Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...