Why become a member? ×

Unique Spector Euro 5LX
£1350

Geester

Here we have a very special Spector Euro 5LX. It's something of a one-off given it's Tobacco Sunburst with gold hardware, the standard Tobacco Sunburst basses have chrome hardware which makes them look a little cold (imho).

This one also has the EMG40DC pick-ups with the EMG BQC pre-amp, both of which were factory installed. These are well matched (as per the Alex Webster model), giving excellent control over the mids which is a great improvement over the Tonepump pre. This is a significant upgrade over the now standard bartolini pups, I don't think you can get the tobacco sunburst with EMGs anymore.

The EMG BQC is a brilliant pre-amp, it has master volume and pick-up pan as well as bass, mid and treble controls. There is also a mid frequency control too, having full control over the mids is the key to getting the best possible tone. There's even a treble frequency selector in the control cavity, this really does the trick in getting an awesome slap tone.

I picked this one up in Italy when I was playing over there last year, I just fell in love with it in the shop. It's always been a back-up (I have a few US Spectors) and has never been used in anger so it's in 'as new' condition. I'll even throw in a brand new, unused Spector hard case if the price is right. 

I am interested in trades, particularly for an amp or a passive Fender Jazz 5. I live near Cambridge and more than happy if you want to stop by and try it out. I'm also up for meeting halfway if you live further away, don't worry about the fuel costs. Also happy to courier the bass as it'll be in a hard case and I have a box.

As always, I'm happy to have a discussion around the price as it would be great to see it go to a good home. Any questions just fire away, many thanks for looking. 

WP_20170929_19_58_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20170929_19_58_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20170929_19_59_20_Pro.jpg

Edited by Geester

:)[size=4] [/size][size=4]...of course, no problem...it is indeed 35" scale, string spacing is 0.66 inches (17mm) at the bridge and the weight is 4.3kg (9.5lbs). If you'd like any more pics do let me know, it really does look superb in the flesh...always happy to entertain offers. [/size]

I had a transition period NS5CR in tobacco burst with gold hardware. I didn't realise it was rare. Transition period because it had a dot fingerboard and fatter neck profile of the SSD basses but was branded Spector.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Geester' timestamp='1508525805' post='3392819']
...I'm a bit confused by the above comment....no-one has made any offers or trade propositions in this thread...is it not OK to put 'PM'd' in the comments?
[/quote]

There's no problems with PM's; offers or trades proposed are, however, deleted, so obviously you won't see 'em. Carry on, you're doing fine; good luck with the sale. B)

Edited by Dad3353

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...