Why become a member? ×

A question about the Aftershock pedal.

dave_bass5

Ive only just come across this and on first glance it seems a chreaper way of getting a Darkglass B7K type of tone. If it just did this then that’s cool but I can see it does so much more and looks really nice. It would be great to replace my DG VMT and VTBass DI with just this one box.

What I want to know is can I assign any effect to each of the 3 switch positions a via the software, or have I got this completely wrong and its just for certain parameters?

Pretty sure ill get one soon anyway,

Pretty sure you can save 3 individual presets (which each have tons of parameters), one to each position of the switch.

If you keep your patches simple, i.e. one distortion model at a time, you can even assign different presets to the left and right channels and use a simple A/B box on the output to give you 6 presets.

You can also hook up a Tech21 MIDI Mouse (there's one in the classifieds) and a Source Audio MIDI Hub (which I'm going to be selling soon!) to give you 99 presets or thereabouts!

I couldn't quite cop the B3K with mine though, and forget about getting the sound of the VT Bass. The Aftershock would be a downgrade in my opinion, but worth checking out if your main motivation is saving cash and board space!

Cheers guys. Sound just what I thought it would be.
For what’s its worth I don’t like my VMT much, but I use it to do some on/off dirt along with my always on BDDI. I was thinking of using the VTBass DI instead of the VMT, but at the moment it just sits at home doing nothing since i got the BDDI.
I love the tone of the BDDI, but need to get dirtier every now and then (don’t tell the GF lol). I have a Zoom B3n and love the BDDI/B7K patch I have, but I don’t really want to use the B3n live. I cant justify a B7K while I still have the other pedals, but if I sold those two and just used something like the Aftershock I think that would work well. I’m not after a particular OD tone, I’m only doing general covers, but having something like the AS could be good as its not stuck with one type of tone, and pretty cheap. I had thought about other boxes, but this one seems to give me the option to try different things rather than buy something and then send it back if I don’t like it.
I’m trying to keep things simple so this would be a stand alone soloution. In fact it sounds like it might replace my BDDI if it does what I think it will do.

Edited by dave_bass5

I have to say the Aftershock is an absolutely killer pedal and the tweakability options are vast, though if you're a set and forget kinda guy then it excels at that too - there's not actually any need to get into the editing software/app if you don't want to. Source Audio customer support is first class too so if you have any trouble you're in safe hands. Check out the Source Audio threads (there are a few) over on Talkbass as no doubt any query you're ever likely to have has been answered there already by SA staff or endorsers.

I’m not really in to tweaking too much, which is why i dont use my B3n live. I even find my Spectracomp distracting sometimes. I just want one dirty tone that works well after the BDDI, but as I’m not sure what that tone is the Aftershock seems to be the way to go.

I only came across this today, funnily enough due to a thread on TB so yeah, I’m working my way through them.

Cheers.