Why become a member? ×

TRADED: ENGL Ironbass
£655

Oldman

I am putting out a feeler for my ENGL Ironbass Head. Barely 5 Months old never gigged, rehearsed 6/7 times, looks like this:

[url="http://www.englamps.de/portfolio/ironbass-e1055/"]http://www.englamps....ironbass-e1055/[/url]

FRONT
[attachment=255012:FRONT.jpeg]
BACK
[attachment=255013:Back.jpeg]
SIDE
[attachment=255014:Side.jpeg]

Having Owned a Demeter Minnie and moved it on, the EQ was far too subtle for me with very little tone correction/addition/subtraction for my ears. I liked the idea of a full on Class A front end with more tone options, ( I have owned and moved on a 4:88, CTM 30 and PF-50T) this does it. 800 Watts into 4 Ohms ( I use 2 x Tecamp 8 Ohm 15's) it is sublime. In rehearsal with one cab, I tend to use the Bass at 3 of the clock no boost, Low mid at 12 noon (zero) hi mid at 3 again, treble at 1 o clock and presence at 9. If I need more bass I can pop the bass boost button. Drive is a usefull addition, old school smooth to a nasty blat!

Why me move it on? well I want to go 3 cabs and this does not do 2.7 or 2 Ohms, simples

Thanks for looking

Still have the box so UK mainland delivery free.

Edited by Oldman

It is ‘Utilitarian’, but extremely functional. Only reason for the feeler is as stated, 3/4 cab setup.

To avoid dubiety the preferred part chop is 1 or 2 PJB C4 Cabs or a head that will do 2/2.7 Ohms, prefareably a Class D Head.

Phew

Thanks for looking folks

[quote name='chevy-stu' timestamp='1507202373' post='3383856']
I'd be curious to try it... never knew Engl made bass amps. could be a good replacement/spare for the Orange Terror bass I use often..
[/quote]

I would say replacement ;)

If your passing .... your welcome to have a try

Edited by Oldman