Why become a member? ×

Radio plugger...questions.

NancyJohnson

Not sure whether this is a topic for General or Off Topic.

A couple of weeks ago, our singer raised the topic of hiring a plugger to get us airplay of some kind. Last night it came up again, specifically this place was mentioned: http://www.plugginbaby.com.

At this point, I kind of sculked off into a shadowy corner of our rehearsal room. The plugger he mentioned offers three packages ranging from £150 to a staggering £350 a month, obviously with no assured success rate and little in the way of tracking what the business is actually doing to get your music out there. I had a look through their website earlier and just saw a lot of bands with great hair that I'd never heard of, getting airplay on stations I'd never heard of. I texted our singer and politely declined joining in on this little venture citing I have basses and holidays to pay for.

Anyhow, as we have a Planet Rock DJ on these boards (and Planet Rock is one of the stations the plugger cites as being on their list), I'd be curious whether Darren would care to weigh in with his experiences and whether plugging works in any capacity. I just searched the Planet Rock playlists too, several dates, several times and I knew every band that had airplay. Not one unknown.

Paul

first I've heard of that. I bet you one thing, his budget is a poopteenth of the major labels. A waste of money for sure, no way he'd get the same results as CBS WEA Sony Warners et al

that is your manager's job anyway, make him / her work for their cut lol.

When I was managing bands, I did it all, bookings, publicity,radio airplay/interviews, press releases, organising recording sessions. I earn't my 15% thats for sure hehe