Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live

16Again

I've never really been a fan of effects but i've just got into a band that'll probably need some and i was thinking of a Line 6 xt live but is it worth the money compared to a few stompers and a tuner?
What do you guys think? Anyone got one???

cheers,
Davie.

I'm interested in the response to this - I'm looking at getting one of these too!

Some excellent reviews over on talkbass - but they all say the same thing. If you're not willing to spend serious quality time with one setting it up then don't buy it as the presets are pants. Ped has the XT pro which is basically the same guts but with different connectivity and no footswitches so hoping he'll chime in here!

[quote name='16Again' post='33332' date='Jul 17 2007, 10:49 PM']I've never really been a fan of effects but i've just got into a band that'll probably need some and i was thinking of a Line 6 xt live but is it worth the money compared to a few stompers and a tuner?
What do you guys think? Anyone got one???

cheers,
Davie.[/quote]

Edited by Bigwan

I owned a Lixe XT for over a year and used it a lot in both live and studio applications.

For what it is, it is great value for money. I used it as a amp modeller to go direct into the PA at gigs. And it did a great job. It is great as an educational tool. IMO it does give a very good approximation of the amps I was familar with.

In the end, I sold it mainly because it was tiring dragging it along to gigs by public transport. But the only other negative (apart from a squeaky volume pedal which is quite common) is also a positive. If you're a tone freak and love to explore, you will love it as you have an entire world to explore tonally. I mean, you can even mix in your effected signal with a DI signal. That's the kind of level of control you have. But if you like things simple, you may find this overwhelming. It is easy to use, but with the masses of options have your fingertips you may feel it's all a bit of a waste if you don't use them.

I was watching the video demos for the XT Pro last night and ended up being swayed to contact our Ped about the rack unit. I think I wanna give one a go, having owned a Behringer Vamp in the past.

a couple of my metal head mates have the guitar one with the bass add on, so its the guitar and bass pod xt pro in one unit, and they cant stop raving about em, even trying to purseuade me to get one!!! think im doin a recording sesh at one of these guys mentioned home studio soon, if i do i will deffo have a pop, and let ya know what i think

[quote name='Adam' post='35952' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:30 PM']a couple of my metal head mates have the guitar one with the bass add on, so its the guitar and bass pod xt pro in one unit, and they cant stop raving about em, even trying to purseuade me to get one!!! think im doin a recording sesh at one of these guys mentioned home studio soon, if i do i will deffo have a pop, and let ya know what i think[/quote]

You can get the guitar one with a bass add on? I'd be very very interested in this, can you tell me any more?

[quote name='Waldo' post='36049' date='Jul 23 2007, 06:39 PM']Ahh, have just found it on the line 6 site! My bass pod xt live is now for sale if anyone wants it :)[/quote]

Looks like my old Bass Pod XT Live will be bouncing these around forums. Just make sure she goes to a good home :huh:

dood feel free to post my pm here, i suppose it is kind of a review...

waldo, be careful with the bass add on pack. i read somewhere that the guitar version has some differences to the dedicated bass version; see what you can dig up for us.

may i reccomend reading a thread on tb called the xt live real world review. lots of useful info.

sorry about my lack of punctuation, im usung this funny swing down pc/tv unit at hospital. key pad is a bit bollox.

cheers all
ped

hello mate sorry for the lack of punctuation in this message but i am in hospital at the mo but you get these mental swing down tv/computer things, pretty mental but the keypad is lacking lol. you know i will persuade you to get the xt pro son its mental. i never expected to keep mine after getting it in a trade but as a recording, gigging and practise tool it just rules. only downsides i can think of are that you have to spend a long time playing with it to work out what sounds best - but i know you love a fiddle... when i use in ears i have set each bass to sound as close as it does to the v type and honestly it is like having my anp strapped to my head lol it sounds brill. lukeward hasone too after playing withh mine and when he brought it over we set up a chuffing perfect patch for his warwick. you are welcome to come try mine but it might be a bit fa lol but i do have the manual and more than happy to send it to you, it is much better than trying to read the pdf.

i tend to use mine like this

in ear
vigier 4 eden wt300 direct/room
vigier 4 f/l swr sm500/ea1x12/reverb/chorus(saved but off)
bacchus jazz alembic/eden410/reverb
bacchus 24f bypass/reverb

live through trace all have a bypass patch with some eq and reverbs etc saved ready to switch in. compressor is amazing, too

i have some clips of my basses through it, at my website you can hear em on the my gear page.

downsides - fairly expensive, black is a bit boring, presets are terrible and enough to put you off

upsides - record via usb no probs, solid unit, all in one, if you know what ur doing you can serve up world class results, great online support and interface, as many ins and outs as you need... errm... buy one son

when i said i was going to sell my trace i was happy to make do with the pod no probs. i use it all the time and you know when you hve gigged and recorded with a piece of kit and you love the results you build up a real love for it.. thats what i am like with it. to me it renders the whole 'digital is crap' argument out of the water!

hope thats ok for now mate i would like to have written more but this keypad really is ballz. i am being cut open shortly so speak to you soon.i might be away for a few days recovering!

cheers mate see you soon i hope
ped xt pro

[quote]waldo, be careful with the bass add on pack. i read somewhere that the guitar version has some differences to the dedicated bass version; see what you can dig up for us.[/quote]

Ped, thanks for the heads up on that.

I'd pretty much decided to swap over to the guitar one anyway but finding out about the bass pack for it has sealed the deal for me.

At a glance, both units are pretty similar except the guitar version has guitar amp modelling and the bass version has bass amp modelling. Both units have near enough the same stomp box/fx models (give or take a couple) and both units have some extra things that the other unit doesn't have, specific to the instrument, which you'd expect really.

Personally, I have more use for the guitar version as I use quite a few guitar fx but only a couple of bass ones. Getting the guitar version with the bass pack would be the perfect solution for me.

I'll look into the specifics tomorrow, I'll be bedridden following a surgical visit tomorrow so I'll need something to occupy myself with!

not you too mate! come to my hospital instead and we can cheer eachother up with pod chat!

my fusion bans, soon to be heard on sky sports, are goin to have as a live rig a 12u box with guitar/bass pods and power amps and sennheiser in ears, plus the miked drum kit and a powered pa. simple and cooooooool!