Why become a member? ×

SOLD Epiphone Jack Casady Bass SOLD
£410

davebass66

For sale is this gold top Jack Casady hollow body bass. I've owned this for about 2 days, (brought form here), but having gigged it last night it's clear that I won't get on with the body shape; I came away with a sore right forearm (probably due to poor technique)! Unfortunately I'm so used to Fender body shapes, I can't get used to how these sit/hang!

Anyway, it's a shame because the bass sounds fantastic! I kept picking it back up during the sets to try it again but to no avail. I strung it with some D'Addario nylon tapewound strings which sound great; It will be sold with the rounds it came with, but I highly recommend getting some of these on there!

The low impedance pickup gives it a real vintage mid range thump, which cuts through without sounding harsh. The 3 position tone switch, which alters the ohms I think (?!) is versatile and makes for easy sound changes. Also has master vol and tone.

No marks or dings on the bass and, being hollow body it's nice and light. Case has one slightly dodgy catch but is perfectly usable and sturdy. The E on the scratch plate is just stuck on (as they all are) hence why it's on some pics but not others (I prefer it without).

If I did a lot of studio work I'd definitely keep it as an option for recording, but unfortunately I don't and therefore it will end up sitting in the rack gathering dust!

Collection preferred but meet within reason. I'm in Leighton Buzzard and work in Milton Keynes. Looking for £410

Thanks!

Edited by davebass66

I have one of these. It's like riding a bike after a long while off (saddle sore/painful arse). After a few gigs your right arm will get used to it. Don't let the body shape put you off buying one of these great sounding basses! (Seller, I would give it a month or so before selling this on)