Why become a member? ×

Be Bop Deluxe act looking for bass player

Roland Rock

[quote name='borntohang' timestamp='1508509011' post='3392681']

Hah. All I'll say is that I'm glad we aren't doing it for the money, but it definitely beats my other other day job playing in tapas restaurants.

I'm amazed at how well it goes down - lots of people turning up in costume and regulars travelling around the country to see us. I think the record is Leeds to London at the moment, bless him. For those who are interested: [url="http://youtu.be/XtX3sGeBrSA"]http://youtu.be/XtX3sGeBrSA[/url]
[/quote]

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1508509933' post='3392686']
Love it, great stuff, I will catch you live one day for sure, even if I have to get to Leeds.

And of course, 'We Are Not Devo' is the only name a self respecting Devo tribute could use :)
[/quote]

I lobbied hard for Oh No! It's Not Devo but was overruled. People have no taste.

[quote name='Mellowman' timestamp='1508511073' post='3392699']
I live about 500 yards from the Robin 2. Done it many times, you booked in there again any time soon?
[/quote]

Not at the moment but our booking guy seems to be well known there and we enjoyed the last one, so I'm sure we'll be dropping through again at some point.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1507583894' post='3386619']
Played Ships in the Night on my first ever public gig at the tender age of 17. Happy days :)
[/quote]

Ibiza DJ Gary Butcher (GaryB ) did an excellent Bill Nelson back in the day. Guitar and vocals were spot on.

P.S. When do we get to experience the Pere Ubu Tribute band?

Edited by ivansc

Not exactly the soundtrack to my youth, but a friend at school was a huge fan. I didn't get it at all, but he said they're much better live than on record.
He got really excited when Live in the Air Age came out, and I went round to his house and listened to it, and was completely blown away.
I bought my own copy, and it's hardly been off my turntable/cd player/mp3 player since.

Probably my most played album ever.