Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1507715915' post='3387374']
I'd need to carry spare powercon to IEC cables for anything which might end up plugged into the rack strip, and the Visual Sound One-Spot power supply couldn't be plugged into it.

Three-pin outs are far more useful and flexible.
[/quote]

If you have the One-Spot connected to your rack mounted power distribution unit, I hope you have it either glued permanently into place or at least held firmly in using cable ties or similar. Because the "earth" prong is there only to open the live and neutral shutter on the mains socket, it is slightly undersized which means that the PSU doesn't sit tightly in the socket like a standard 13amp plug.

Mine vibrated loose mid way through a set killing the power to my wireless receiver at the front of my signal chain and the Thumpinator at the end. Because of where it was in the rack, it was impossible to reach to plug back in without requiring a screwdriver to remove the distribution board. So I played the rest of the set with all my effects disabled and the bass connected directly to the amp. As soon as I had found and bought an alternative the One-Spot was replaced with a PSU that connected via a standard 13amp plug and which has been faultless. By the time I came make the change the One-Spot had already started to work its way out of the socket again.

Proceed with caution.