Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot 1215 Combo 'Series 6' - but with an AH250 GP12 SMX head fitted
£250

Deedee

Hi all

Bit of a one-off this, although I have seen a couple of other examples online where the same has been done.

This started life as a 'Series 6' 1215 combo from the early nineties. For the uninitiated, these combos are narrower than the usual Trace cabinets i.e the same width as TE separate amps heads.

Me being a huge fan of Trace SMX heads, I removed the original 200 watt 'Series 6' combo amp and replaced it with a lovely AH250 GP12 SMX head. The result is that you have a superb SMX combo in a slightly smaller than usual package with the added benefit of having a 'quick release' beast of a head to be used as a separate as and when you require it. Basically, unscrew the head, slide it out and bingo - one of the best heads Trace ever made for use with whatever cab you care to choose.

Both the amp and the cabinet are in superb condition and it comes complete with a pretty much 'as new' Roqsolid cover (with green piping obviously). The combo is a weighty beast but is fitted with decent castors for easier transportation.
[list]
[*]250 watts - loud, very loud
[*]Minimum 4 ohms
[*]Passive/Active switch
[*]Solid State/Valve input blend
[*]12-band graphic eq
[*]Pre-shapes 1 & 2
[*]Graphic in/out
[*]Dual band compressor with EQ balance
[*]Standby switch
[*]DI out
[*]Effects Send/Return
[*]Tuner Out
[*]Foot switch Out
[*]480mm wide x 335mm deep x 590mm high (plus castors)
[*]Weight approx 27kg
[/list]

Price is lower than the sum of its parts (as is the way with a lot of Trace gear nowadays). Alas, it just isn't getting any use as my other AH250 GP12SMX (my main head) is proving to be bullet proof.

Collection or meet up only on this as I really wouldn't want to courier this. I'm in South Yorkshire.

NOTE - I may sell the head and cabinet separately, but only if somebody comes in the for cabinet first (if for example someone already has a 1215 Series 6 combo with a poorly speaker).

Edited by Deedee