Why become a member? ×

Want a shorter load-in?

Happy Jack

he must have been going at some speed to manage that, google street view shows a fairly wide bend with a decent grass verge and a hedge, and judging from the pictures it looks like the van is about 18" off the ground!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.0292206,-0.4614434,3a,71.4y,115.59h,70.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_K_Nsq7pvlqusVZ88PduAA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

matt

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1507724184' post='3387463']
My wife saw a car clip a curb and overturn right in front of her last week. They were going aproxomatly 30mph.
[/quote]

I've seen that, a car hit a traffic island and overturned as I was driving towards it on the other side of the road. One of the wheels came off and bounced towards me. Luckily I was frozen with fear and did nothing - the wheel missed me. :rolleyes: Again, he was only doing 25-30 mph at the most.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1507724640' post='3387475']
I've seen that, a car hit a traffic island and overturned as I was driving towards it on the other side of the road. One of the wheels came off and bounced towards me. Luckily I was frozen with fear and did nothing - the wheel missed me.
[/quote]

I do hope that two men in overalls were carrying a large pane of glass across the road at exactly the right moment?

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1507725600' post='3387484']
I do hope that two men in overalls were carrying a large pane of glass across the road at exactly the right moment?
[/quote]

You've been watching Harry Worth on catch-up again, haven't you..! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1507725600' post='3387484']
[/quote]

No, but there were some painters, one of whom turned and hit the other with a plank he was carrying, and knocked him face-first into a shallow tray of whitewash...

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1507724184' post='3387463']
My wife saw a car clip a curb and overturn right in front of her last week. They were going aproxomatly 30mph.
[/quote]
I have had the pleasure of seeing the testing ground at MIRA in action, the test the drivers hate most is the kerb test where they drive at a kerb which is about 9" high at around 50mph (I think, could be anywhere from 40-60mph) and 45degrees to the direction of travel. It's a properly brutal test.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1507740812' post='3387650']

I have had the pleasure of seeing the testing ground at MIRA in action, the test the drivers hate most is the kerb test where they drive at a kerb which is about 9" high at around 50mph (I think, could be anywhere from 40-60mph) and 45degrees to the direction of travel. It's a properly brutal test.
[/quote]

Sounds brutal.

What happens if the wheel and suspension fold up into the passenger compartment. Very messy!

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1507753016' post='3387808']

Sounds brutal.

What happens if the wheel and suspension fold up into the passenger compartment. Very messy!
[/quote]
It's the final stages of testing so presumably they are deemed safe enough for the driver to test it but I still wouldn't want to do it. If anyone ever gets a chance to go it's well worth a visit. I went a few times with a project and it was always interesting to see what was happening. Sometimes it would be something like that, others they would be doing 500laps through the salt bath to simulate winter corrosion conditions which must have been as boring as hell.