Why become a member? ×

Boss MS-3 Multi-effects and Switching

Sean

Has anyone got, tried or used this yet? What do we think?

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ms-3/

I think it would ideal for me and would scale down my pedal board and scale up my flexibility and slickness (is that a word?) on stage.

I could lose my compressor, noise suppressor, flanger, reverb and just have my Cog KF66, T16 and TCE Corona Chorus in the loops.

Massively powerful multi-fx engine plus switching that allows me to run my three favourite boxes.

Also: does anyone know what effects board this is https://static.roland.com/assets/images/products/gallery/ms-3_image_01_gal.jpg

i think the board is a "schmit array" apologies for the awful spelling!

if the switching inside the ms-3 is anything like the es8 then its well worth the punt if your sure the inbuilt effects will work for you! i was thinking of grabbing one possibly but it doesnt have midi in, and i wanted it to be controlled by my main board not the other way.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1507756204' post='3387840']

if the switching inside the ms-3 is anything like the es8 then its well worth the punt if your sure the inbuilt effects will work for you! i was thinking of grabbing one possibly but it doesnt have midi in, and i wanted it to be controlled by my main board not the other way.
[/quote]

That Schmidt Array Board is gorgeous.

Yes, it’s a big question on whether the in-built effects will be up to the job. I’m sure they’re top quality but until an MS-3 comes up second hand I’ll wait before finding out ;-)

The onboard effects are great! Sound really good, especially loved the Ring Mod preset. But I just couldn't get on with the workflow....not because it's bad (although it's fiddly witbout the computer based GUI), but just not what I needed.
I didn't purchase the loan unit I had and stuck with my Line6 M5.

Si

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1507756204' post='3387840']
[/quote]
[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1507870911' post='3388420']
That Schmidt Array Board is gorgeous.
[/quote]

OK, heard of these via That Pedal Show on YouTube. Slick indeed.