Why become a member? ×

This deserves to be re-posted every now and then

Happy Jack

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1507806669' post='3388064']
Strange how tastes can differ so much but this is the biggest waste of vinyl that there ever was. I am bored after the first 10 seconds...
[/quote]

So, not a great lover of Beethoven either, then..? :D It's true, it's not 'instant gratification' listening, and, indeed, doesn't appeal to all. I wouldn't listen to it either as a loop tape on a desert island, but it does have its moments, and there are 'right times' for listening to such stuff. Wagner's 'Ring' drones on for fifteen hours or so :lol: ...

Edited by Dad3353

Steve Hillage is in great condition and playing so close to the spirit of Mike Oldfield... :-)

Looks like the Gong gang was a favourite of Mike Oldfield.

Thanks for posting this. A pleasure to watch and hear. I've always loved Mike Oldfield compositions and contribtions

And it's more on the Purcell and Vivaldi [ever listened to the concerti for mandoline(s) ?)] side than Beethoven. ;-)

Love that Video, Love Tubular Bells, I have the Bells moment from TB3 as my ringtone, I love the whole 'far above the clouds' track so much I'm considering it for my funeral!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdwnyfT0D4&t=6s

That second when the bells kick in..Goosebumps like love eggs!

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1507806477' post='3388062']
He was terrified before the performance. Richard Branson had to bribe him to perform by promising to give him his car.
[/quote]

the thought of bribery by richard branson has just put me off my breakfast thank you :blush:

[quote name='Hellzero' timestamp='1507825402' post='3388251']
Steve Hillage is in great condition and playing so close to the spirit of Mike Oldfield... :-)

Looks like the Gong gang was a favourite of Mike Oldfield.
[/quote]

Mick Taylor is there too, as are a couple of members of Soft Machine.