Why become a member? ×

Friday 13th..."Happy NBD"

AREA

Just received my "second Hand" bought Yamaha BB425X in Vintage White. Bougt it from MusicWorks in Legnano, near Milano/Italy. The Bass came in perfect, like new Condition, already equipped with Security Locks and with a Setup that is like a Dream. Who ever has setup this Bass, knows exactly what he does. Really awesome. Plays "like Butter" and sounds fantastic. Also i guess, these Basses in "Vintage White" are hard to find meanwhile.

Hapy new bassday aon Friday 13th :)

[attachment=255496:20171013-PA130024.jpg]

[attachment=255497:20171013-PA130025.jpg]

Just wanna let you know that i've put on a Set of Flatwounds (045-125) from Adrian Maruszczyk. Really nice Feel and a Tension more like Rounds. Not that stiff as the Flats i used to know. Very reasonable Price too. The BB sounds unbelivable fat. Really nice Oldschool Tone. Love it. :gas:

I always used to think the body and the headstock both looked too big on the BB basses but it's a design that has really grown on me over the years and recently I've been feeling a touch of GAS for a 1025x.
To be honest though, looking at this I'd be more than happy with a 425x. Looks lovely!

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1508101963' post='3389808']
I always used to think the body and the headstock both looked too big on the BB basses but it's a design that has really grown on me over the years and recently I've been feeling a touch of GAS for a 1025x.
To be honest though, looking at this I'd be more than happy with a 425x. Looks lovely!
[/quote]

Yeah I can certainly remember a time when I passed the BBs without so much as a second glance, but in recent years I've grown to love it, so much so that I ended up with one. Visually, the only difference between the 424/5x and the 1024/5x is the bridge. Much though it pains me, I MIGHT consider selling my 1025x in the next few weeks to help fund some hefty GAS. I won't be selling if I can avoid it though!

Nice one.
And a lot of bass for the price.

Here you can see I like them too, I now have four Yamaha's.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/105826-yamaha-appreciation-thread/page__view__findpost__p__3284199"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__3284199[/url]

Edited by MGB

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1508107710' post='3389844']

Yeah I can certainly remember a time when I passed the BBs without so much as a second glance, but in recent years I've grown to love it, so much so that I ended up with one. Visually, the only difference between the 424/5x and the 1024/5x is the bridge. Much though it pains me, I MIGHT consider selling my 1025x in the next few weeks to help fund some hefty GAS. I won't be selling if I can avoid it though!
[/quote]

Don't sell it in the next few weeks whatever you do!!!!

Wait about 6 months and then sell it. I need time to save up. :D