Why become a member? ×

Party band needed for charity gig, Leytonstone, London, 20/1/18

Mickeyboro

My son is putting on an evening of entertainment to drum up funds for his London Marathon entry on behalf of Worldwide Cancer Research. It's in Leytonstone, London E11 on Saturday 20 January 2018.

It's a re-run of one we staged five years ago for my late first wife, who said: 'Don't give me a wake, have a party and enjoy yourselves'. We made £2k for Macmillan. My band played at that, but I can't get them back together to do this one.

Essentially there'll be 130 people from 30s-50s in a pub function room all up for a good time. Fee tbc, but obviously want to minimise as it will come out of the charity 'pot'. Logical, therefore, for me to look for a local band that has some affinity with the cause. Music should probably be cross-the-board pub/party crowdpleasers.

Any advice or offers, please PM me. I know anything labelled 'charity' causes controversy, but I'd appreciate not using this thread for that particular debate. TBH I would love to play this, but as I said distance and a moody guitarist make it impossible.

Thanks for reading...

Mick

Hi Mick - both my covers bands are based in East London just down the road from Leytonstone. If you click on the links in my footer then you'll get an idea of line up and genre. I'm thinking the Retros would be up for doing this - if you think they might suit / and you've not already got someone else lined up then please PM me.