Why become a member? ×

Discarded p-bass in bromley

project_c

If anyone's near Bromley south station and wants to rescue a bass, I just saw someone chuck away a black p-bass, it's sitting by the recycling bins at the side of the station. Looks like a cheap one, didn't see what brand it is (Encore maybe?) but might be a fun project for someone local.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1508053029' post='3389430']

Perhaps it's haunted. Or cursed. It is Bromley.
[/quote]

I used to hate Bromley with a passion, I lived here as a kid and could not wait to leave. 30 years later I find myself living here again (temporarily), and it's not anywhere near as bad as it used to be. Still depressing and chavvy on the high street but the streets are pretty nice these days, i was quite surprised.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1508163835' post='3390163']
I remember the days when, if you had a skip outside your house, it would fill up with old tellies - then computers - and now P basses.
[/quote]
Or be emptied! I used to,work in a rough area and they would nick anything. The amount of stuff we got rid of just by leaving it behind a locked fence was hilarious. Then we got a skip to get rid of the real rubbish and they took half of that as well. No idea what the ever did with it all.

I once left an old but working microwave, a pair of stereo speakers that looked in good condition but weren't working and a single broken drawer with no handle on the front that came from a cheap old MFI bedside table, at the front of my house so a friend could collect it all and take it to the dump for me while I was at work.
When he came to collect it all he found the speakers and microwave were there but someone had stolen the drawer.
Always wondered why.