Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Bass Doc Precision '62-'65 custom build - J neck, high-end parts, sunburst and nitro
£575

three

On Hold - Beautiful custom built Precision – constructed using premium parts, and loosely based on a 62–65 Fender P, by Howard, the Bassdoc. Gorgeous Sunburst, possibly Nitro but can't confirm this. Very dark slab rosewood J neck with a tinted Nitro finish. Gotoh reverse wind tuners. Specs as below:

Fender '62 reissue body - beautifully sculpted.
Allparts J neck with vintage tint nitro (slab board)
Fender vintage bridge
Kent Armstrong Antiquity pick up
Bassdoc celluloid guard - very beautiful!
Gotoh reverse wind tuners
Fender neckplate
Obbm loom

Pro set-up with d'addario 40-100 nickel rounds, plays beautifully with a low action. Had a slight electronics buzz but attended to during set-up (now very quiet). In excellent used condition – no nasty dings, dents or scratches but a couple of minor bruises on the body - just slight impressions. Light at around 9lbs but I don't have a fully accurate weight. Comes with Fender gig bag and collection in Manchester or Birmingham. I may be able to ship by arrangement. Very regrettable sale but this was used for a project last year and I can't justify keeping it. I have a habit of buying Ps that I don't need - it was great to have a chance to gig this one last year and earlier this, and at these gigs the bass generated some incredibly admiring comments. Plenty more images - I'll try to get some up later or can email. I have over £600 in the bass but will accept £575.

Edited by three

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for all the lovely comments - all PMs answered and some new images added. Sorry, I really don't want to part this out and I'd prefer a collection sale if possible - I can ship but would need a few days to organise a box and courier[/font][/color]