Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Fender Jazz MIM. White/Maple board. Cab trades added.
£345

itsmedunc

Added trades - BF Compact or Midget. Maybe similar but must me lightweight.

I bought this recently from this very forum and it really is a great playing and sounding bass. 2015 and in great shape. I'm sure it's less than 9lb as it only feels slightly heavier than my P Bass that weighs 8.3lb. I can't weigh it at the moment as it's in the rehearsal room.

Problem with it (for me) is the neck. Absolutely nothing wrong with it but I prefer skinny Jazz necks, more like the Classic Vibe with no volute.. I've been spoiled by my JV P that's really shallow, especially at the nut and anything fatter than that now just feels uncomfortable. The neck is not a baseball bat by any stretch of the imagination though, just not shallow enough for me.

A neck trade would be ideal, maybe someone out there wants a more standard neck? Otherwise, would consider trades for another Fender/Squier Jazz or a P/J combination as long as the neck is shallow and it weighs less than 9lb! Maybe even a CV with cash adjustment? Would much prefer to trade at the moment (cash either way), unless something crops up for sale.

I've used the original sellers pics (hope you don't mind [center]Vmaxblues?[/center]) as I've no access to it at the moment. It's in the same condition though.

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Mexicola88' timestamp='1508148986' post='3390016']
Hi

- is this a regular jazz neck and is it original?
- any dents or pings?
- where are you based?

Cheers
[/quote]

I'm in Blackburn Lancs. Standard Jazz neck with no dings or pings when I last saw it on Saturday! :)

Just wondering what neck profile this is? I've not come across a Jazz neck that's overly chunky personally
Although they do vary quite a bit. I tend to prefer C shaped / profile necks - though I don't like them to be too deep, front to back...

Oddly enough, I once had a 70's AVRI Jazz, which was beautiful - though the neck tapered too much for my liking. It was very thin at the nut
Is the neck on this one close to C profile?

The only Jazz neck I can liken it to was on a USA Highway One. It's the volute ( think that's what it's called! Learned that from a BC'er yesterday!) that's the problem for me. My JV doesn't have one nor my Westone Thunder 2 so to speak and so I'm not used to that particular profile. The neck on this one is just a run of the mill standard neck from my experience.

Marc S, I'll PM you.

[quote name='stuartc' timestamp='1508257737' post='3390948']
If you're up for a direct sale and can ship it, i'm interested!
[/quote]

Thanks Stuart but I'm holding out for a neck trade preferably or another bass at this moment...