Why become a member? ×

Good recovery so far...music is the best medicine...

Staggering on

I had a bit of a jolt last Tuesday when my cardiologist decided that he should perform an angioplasty and insert a stent in my heart.Until a test two weeks earlier I didn't even know I had any heart problems.It all went well and I spent the night in the hospital.
When I got home the next day I was feeling pretty good and played my EUB(Yamaha SLB 200) for a while and did a few other things.Then on Saturday(4 days after the procedure) I drove(alone) to a gig about an hour and a half away in the wilds of Northern Ontario and we played a couple of sets that added up to almost 3 hours and then I drove home feeling great.We played well and had a good crowd.
I have been practicing a lot and although I don't feel any different physically I am having a lot of fun working on new material for both of the bands I am in.
Just a note to say that I am 71 and have been working full time as a farrier(including last weekend) for the last 26 years,I eat carefully,I go to exercise class,I am a skinny little guy and try to take care of myself and I still ended up with a heart issue-I guess you can't fight genetics.
Anyway I'm off to a rehearsal an hour away tonight and I'm getting ready for another angioplasty/stent session next Wednesday and then on to more music and more gigs.
Right now I'm going to plug in my new Traynor SB112 amp(love it-made in Canada!) and work on a few tunes.I am so glad to have music in my life!
Take care of yourselves everyone... and keep playing, it's good for you!

Bob

This is the very best thing about music surely. We will all have it in our lives forever and there's likely to be times for all of us where it becomes more than just a hobby / career / passion. It can be a really great companion and inspiration. Thanks for sharing Bob and best wishes for continuing health!