Why become a member? ×

Extension Cab Connecting Query

SPHDS

After a lengthy sabbatical it is time to dust off the gigging rig (Ashdown MAG250 210 Combo) and by extension, the Extension Cab......a MAG 115 Deep II (been using a GK Backline 112 for practice as it is slightly easier to hump up two flights of stairs to the flat....)
Anyway, since I last used the full rig, I seem to have lost the speaker cable......(I know I can't just use an instrument cable....as my father suggested......!)
I was given the lead by a friend as he had spares and didn't need it, it was a simple 1/4" Plug/Plug, cable (can't remember the make....), and a straight replacement would obviously work just fine......

However....the Extension Cab also has a Speakon port....so.....
- Is it worth me getting a Jack/Speakon lead?
- If so, do I want a 2 or a 4 Pole Connector....?
- What brands should I look for/avoid, obvs I don't need a Besoke, Boutique, Unobtainium coated super lead......but would like to avoid something made of tin foil and string.....!

Sorry if these are pretty silly questions, just want to get the right kit.....!

I can only really echo what LITTLEWING said above - get in touch with OBBM (aka Dave) and he'll advise you the best way to go. FWIW I use both Jack - Jack and Jack - Speakon cables from OBBM as my Trace cab has a jack socket only, while my Ashdown cab has both jack and speakon.

Link here:

http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/