Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: HandBox Red Fighter amp - Sent back to HandBox
£799

Grangur

Hi there,

[b]Price for this weekend £735. After Sunday night[/b][b] it will go back to [/b][b]HandBox[/b][b] in Poland. So grab a bargain NOW![/b]

[b]PM me to secure it.[/b]

This is the same RedFighter Handbox amp that has been discussed on the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/282884-the-handbox-amplification-thread/page__st__300__p__3221258#entry3221258"]HandBox amp thread[/url]

This has been played a little but is essentially in "as New" condition. Leszek, of HandBox, says these amps are [b]selling right now[/b]
[b]for 1125 Euro + shipping[/b] from Poland. So this is a great chance to pick one up as a bargain in the UK.

[b]This comes with a manufacturer's Guarantee for [/b][color=#000000][font=Calibri, serif, EmojiFont][size=4][b]12 months[/b] with the exception of electronic tubes.[/size][/font][/color]

The sound is clean and there are a lot of controls to vary the sound.

This amp also includes a "kettle lead".

This is what HandBox say about the amp: (Put through Google translate; so please excuse any strange translation)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RED [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FIGHTER[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] is a bass-type head, which, together with dedicated speaker boxes addressed to bassists looking for a sound system of the original, while quality from the top shelf.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The film presents the Red [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fighter[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Angielski Musician- Michael Bailey[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The goal we set ourselves in the design of RED [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FIGHTER[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] was one; to create an amplifier in which the sound quality is the absolute priority. During the work, it turned out that in order to achieve our aims, we buit it through connecting the old proven technology with the latest developments in the field of professional audio electronics. The RED [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FIGHTER[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] has a powerful combination of technology to maintain its purity of sound. The tube preamp is made with No silicon components in the signal path, the final amp stage is made with advanced technology MOSFET design to achieve the desired effect.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RED [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FIGHTER[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] is a suite complete with its own face design with a unique tonal character. High power final stages ensures excellent dynamics and sound clarity. Power amplifiers are designed for continuous operation in all conditions, always ensuring the highest technical parameters. The package of effective security ensures the safe operation of the device, and the behavior of the thermal equilibrium guarantees an electronically controlled system of forced cooling.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Continuous output of 500W + 500W / 4 Ohm,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Bridge-mode power 1000W / 8 ohms,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Forced cooling fan 1 2-speed,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- First-class MOSFET power amp made on specially dedicated power transistors,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- The function of time delay switching stages final after warming lamps,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- A system of accelerated resistance of carburettor disconnecting the speakers,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Optical Limiter function on / off,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Tube preamp (3 x ECC83) made of its clean the mold without interference silicon the acoustic track,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Active EQ BASS and TREBLE Special author sonic matrix[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](SOUND MATRIX) Hand's Box function on / off available, also with a foot Pedal Foot Switch,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ADDITIONAL FEATURES;[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- BRIGHT- brightening or dimming signal,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Shift to move the point of frequency control high,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- FET SHAPE- filter kształtująco-compacting signal made with a FET.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- HEADROOM- biases lamp high or low,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]REAR PLATE;[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 3 Speakon type speaker terminals,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- EFFECT LOOP serial effect loop,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- LINE OUT function Pre / Post and control output level LEVEL[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- GROUND Lift- attaching weight,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]DIMENSIONS external HxWxD- 2Ux483x360 mm[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WEIGHT-12kg[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/313628-fs-handbox-red-fighter-amp-500w-500w/page__view__findpost__p__3390733"]More pictures here[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is in East Herts, UK. If anyone wants to come and have a go, then PM me.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I can also post this item.[/font][/color]

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1508230920' post='3390612']
"A system of accelerated resistance of carburettor disconnecting the speakers"

A Google translation I bet!
[/quote]
No, it is actually fitted with twin Webber carbs.

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1508236202' post='3390665']
For that money, I'd expect fuel injection
[/quote]

Joking aside, this is a real heavy-weight of an amp. The tone is similar to a valve set up. It plays well at low volume, but I'm told it really comes into its own in a larger rig. That said, I don't believe anyone so far has really done high-volume with this particular one.

This is a quality piece of kit, built well and solidly reliable.

Hey everyone

Just to chip in on this one. Leszek sent this one across to me after I bought my R-400, just to give it a run out.

It's a beautiful piece of kit, with the feel of the Mesa M-Pulse about it. I never play loud enough to justify it, but it's got output for days.

Like Grangur says, there's info in the Handbox thread - here's some more pics, etc:

[quote name='andybassdoyle' timestamp='1508270949' post='3391066']
It looks like an evil robot with the lights on. I want it.
[/quote]
Dear Sir,

Your PM seems to have got lost in the post. :D

Still here type bump.

Thanks for looking.