Why become a member? ×

Sold - Please Lock
£2150

Burns-bass

Here is my 1974 / 75 Fender Jazz. It's right on the cusp of the transition, with 74' dated pickups and pots, and a 4 bolt neck plate.

The bass was taken in a partial trade for my 63' Precision, but I'm moving it on because I need to pay for some work to the house, and I have too many guitars, uprights and basses (apparently).

It plays amazingly well, and since owning it I've cleaned the fretboard up and given it a full set up. This really is a great, gigging 70s Jazz and isn't prohibitively heavy, nor too beat up.

I've listed the good, and not so good bits below... I have a huge amount more pictures to should you want to see them.

I don't want to ship this abroad, and am reticent to send it in the UK if I'm honest. I will only do so if the buyer pays for fully insured shipping (and someone tells me where I get this from!).

Details:[list]
[*]Finish, neck bridge, pickups (although recently rewound), pots, neck, tuners, scrathcplate, bridge and pickup covers and case.
[*]Plays really well, very bright (rewound pickups) and has been set up well.
[*]No dead spots in the neck.
[*]Finish wear isn't too bad, it's 'honest' I guess, commensurate with use, but doesn't suggest this bass has been abused.
[/list]
Things to note:[list]
[*]The pickups have been rewound, are strong and fantastically loud
[*]There is a small section of the pick guard missing. (This originally really upset me, so I bought a reissue 75' pick guard, but never fitted it. In the end, you get used to it)
[*]The bass has had a refret. The frets are the chunky vintage type, but there are marks on the binding.
[*]There is one spring on the bridge that has been replaced
[*]One of the bridge screws is slightly damaged (although it still functions)
[/list]
Price is now £2050

Trade wise, I don't want anything really, but am always interested in vintage fenders. Stuff I want at the moment is a Telecaster Bass and a 70s Precision.

Otherwise, cash is preferred.

Based in Bristol but can travel should you want to meet up.

Edited by Burns-bass