Why become a member? ×

Frazz Dazzler astounding bass distortion fuzz.

tonyxtiger

Ok so I’m going to stick my neck out and say the Dr Scientist Frazz Dazzler should be on the list for an amazing Bass Fuzz. After playing one tonight at volume I’m still of that opinion.

Here’s why.

1. It has a Bass/mid/treble control. Now, Muff lovers with a bass have two options, set the tone control for a huge fat bassy tone but lose the top end, or vice versa. With this EQ you can have bass and top end, scooped or middy.

2. It has a mix control so you still have a clean blend option. i Didn’t even need to use it. Also running octave subs through it was not problem and didn’t kill low end.

3. There’s two gain stages, one can be switched in which is a higher gain with a gate. Stay with me....
There’s also a voltage starve control so for those of us who like a synth bass fuzz this gets the spitty, splutterry stuff done and the compressed gate fuzz for long synth notes.

I should I’m talking about the version 2 model. There are some YouTube clips of the version 1 on bass but they are pretty terrible. If I can get time to do a demo I will but just wanted to throw it out there.

It’s very good. Well done Dr Scientist.