Why become a member? ×

Jerzy Drozd Prodigy 4 strings SOLD
£4500

electriccheese

Up for sale this beauty and tone monster:

IMG_2539_zpsmqqiy1ax.jpg&key=6aa68081ac1e18ac6a8a2e497cff29741a199e142b83d3e9eb87542516b7bfdc

It's a Jerzy Drozd Prodigy 4 strings built in 2003 and fully restored and upgraded in 2016. This restoration costed 6000€, and I can provide invoice.

The specs I have from last owner (the one that restored the bass) are these:

Scale 35 "
Active / passive circuitry
High Ebony Fingerboard
Briolette paint finish
Evo Gold Frets with 10 Year Warranty
JERZY DROZD Two Piece Gold Arcadia Bridge
Nut of Diospyros crassiflora.
Latest generation of pickups v3.4.1 JERZY DROZD JeD4XD in rectangular format with covers of Diospyros crassiflora.
JERZY DROZD Knobs Glass Dome with reference embossing in Haliotis Iris
Emblem JERZY DROZD in Haliotis Iris
Arcadia Gold Back Plate
Inlay JERZY DROZD 'Quo Vadis' in Pinctada Margaritífera.

I'm not sure, but the body seems mahogany, wenge on the neck and birdseye maple top, but I can ask to confirm.

The bass sounds awesome, and plays very nice with very low action if desired.

I'm selling it cause I can't adapt to 35" scale and body shape, but is one of the best basses I had (more than fifty lol).

I will consider total or partial trades with nice Fender Jazz or precision old basses...

More pics here: http://s296.photobuc...y?sort=3&page=1
This pics are from the last owner, I only have the phone to make pictures.

The bass is in Spain, I've sold some expensive basses to EU and UK without troubles, you can check my feedback here: http://basschat.co.u...electriccheese/

Edited by electriccheese

Wait... the restoration cost €6000??? I have to ask two things: 1, What condition was the bass in before it was restored and 2, what was done to it during restoration?

I have a Jerzy myself and love it, though unfortunately Mr Drozd is not someone I would ever do business with again!

Lovely bass, good luck with the sale!

Hi!

I will ask this things to the last owner. The frets, finish, pickups with wood cover, preamp are new, at least. I think too that is a very expensive bill, but when I asked price for a refinish at Fodera, and to Vigier too, only that could cost 2000€...

Anyway, the bass is like new, and build something like that now will cost near 11000€.