Why become a member? ×

Korean Warwick Streamer LX4

machinehead

I have a Korean Warwick LX4. It dates from 2012. These were built in Korea using German hardware and electrical parts.

Does anyone know how much these sold for new?

(I've owned a German LX4 and this one is on a par with that one, with the possible exception of the cost/value of the woods used.)

Thanks for any help.

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently these Korean Streamers were £1100 to £1300 new, back in 2011/12, for anyone interested. (No one? Just me then. :) )

While they are great guitars, that seems a high price to pay, although comparable to Korean built Sadowskys and Laklands I suppose?

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1509301786' post='3397908']
Apparently these Korean Streamers were £1100 to £1300 new, back in 2011/12, for anyone interested. (No one? Just me then. :) )

While they are great guitars, that seems a high price to pay, although comparable to Korean built Sadowskys and Laklands I suppose?

Frank.
[/quote]

Comparable with any high end budget production instrument really :)

They are built in Germany now and sold as Teambuilt under the GPS banner.

Yes, I had a German LX4 and loved it. I also had a Streamer Stage 2 NT. Both those were the lightest weight basses I've owned. Both were superb instruments, and very different to each other.

This Korean Streamer LX4 is different again. It has German hardware and electronics, but the body is cherry with a maple neck and rosewood fret board. The woods are, along with the Korean manufacture, the main money savings I think. There's nothing bad about it - it's an excellent instrument in its own right and still sounds like a Warwick, likely due to the MEC pickups and preamp. The build quality is top notch too.

I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Frank.