Why become a member? ×

Zoom ms 60 b

Saved

Hi felas,
I was ready to buy the zoom ms 60 b,but a guy told me is not that good.
So i am asking you here,if anyone have experience with this multi effect.
I will use it mostly for the reverb,and maybe eq,or amp-cab simulator,just to record some songs-covers-bass lines at my laptop.
I dont like the huge multi effect gears,i like something small,easy to use,and not to fake sounding.
So,what is your opinion about this?
Thank you in advance

I have one. Its an excellent pedal with loads of uses and sounds perfect for what you need it for.

The compressors and modulation effects are top notch, amp models are good and its easy to use.

There is one kicking about on eBay for £25 at the moment (i was thinking of grabbing it for a spare) - you could try it and easily sell it on if you didn't get on with it.

(And they've just issued a firmware update which adds a load of new stuff on to it [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/306712-zoom-ms60b-new-v20-firmware-update-now-available/page__p__3324764__hl__ms60b__fromsearch__1#entry3324764"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry3324764[/url])

Edited by Mudpup

I have the lexicon alpha,and i m recording dass->lexicon alpha->laptop using audacity at the moment.
With my active vig cobra bass,i get an incredible sound,but when i am using my 40" scale passive bass i cant take a nice sound.If i use the eden wtdi batween my passive and the lexocon,i get only cliping.
So if i use the ms60b before the lexicon,maybe i can get better signal without cliping

You'll be pleasantly surprised at the sounds you get out it. I use mine every gig as my preamp, comp, eq and tuner. High gain stuff isn't great... But what digital multifx get glowing reviews for that kind of stuff anyway? It's svt through a 8x10 cabsim is good though when the gains a bit higher.

Buy one! Join the club!

I use one for one band where I'm not doing any effects changes - it's easy to have one effect switched but trickier when it's more than one. Not really viable in the same song but as long as you remember to switch the active effect between songs, it's fine. Good tuner, and the effects are good too.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1508971847' post='3395791']
I use one for one band where I'm not doing any effects changes - it's easy to have one effect switched but trickier when it's more than one. Not really viable in the same song but as long as you remember to switch the active effect between songs, it's fine. Good tuner, and the effects are good too.
[/quote]

I agree. It's possible but not easy and requires forward planning. For mucking about at home, or having it for 'always on' effects it's great.

[quote name='Elfrasho' timestamp='1508999411' post='3395832']
I agree. It's possible but not easy and requires forward planning. For mucking about at home, or having it for 'always on' effects it's great.
[/quote]

Its not too difficult in reality. You just set up alternate bypass/effect patches in the A,B,C,D etc mode then just punch through them as you need them.

For example i have A - bypass, B - chorus, C - bypass, D - compressor, E - bypass, F - Ampeg sim. You always have the next effect in the sequence as a bypass as a safety net then and you can whack through any of the effects within a second or two. It works really well live - dead easy.

I moved mine on 6 months ago when I got my Zoom B3n, but following the recent firmware 2.0 release resulting in a total of 142 effect sims, I am really [i]very[/i] tempted to get a replacement to use as tuner, compressor, EQ, tremolo, chorus and delay to sit along side my "main" effects of octave, filter and dirt for which I have dedicated analogue pedals. In terms of putting together a compact gigging mini board I think it will be just the ticket and I don't think there is anything better in the market for the size and price bracket!

I very much agree with Mudpup's approach of having an adjacent bypass in the sequence. I do the same thing on each bank of three effects on the B3n with 1. bypass, 2 [effect], 3 [effect] then 4 bypass, 5 [effect], 6 [effect] etc. and you can scroll through all your saved effects in no time.

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1508744185' post='3394041']
There is one kicking about on eBay for £25 at the moment (i was thinking of grabbing it for a spare) - you could try it and easily sell it on if you didn't get on with it.
[/quote]

That pedal on eBay no longer on at £25! Nonetheless gonna see if I can bag it, it's now on at very close to the maximum I'd be wanting to pay for it second hand, any more and I'll probably get new...:)

Edited by Al Krow

[quote name='Elfrasho' timestamp='1508999411' post='3395832']
[/quote]

Lol! Well it clearly appears that Elfrasho has been persuaded to try out the wonders of the Zoom B3n, which I am a BIG fan of (congratulations btw - you won't regret it and it looks like you've managed to pick it for a good price!), whilst at the same time managing (along with Mudpup and Osiris) to persuade me to get a replacement MS-60B which I know they've been fans of for while.

Conclusion: fellow BCers are not good for each others' bank balances :)