In order to make sure everyone gets the most out of the site we feel it important that we all follow some simple guidelines whilst posting messages. We generally have very few problems as most members use common sense but give the guidelines a quick read anyway so that you don't get caught out later. We will be watching!
The golden rule to being a community member on Basschat.co.uk is to BE RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDERATE to your fellow Basschatters. That also means in particular no bullying, no baiting of Administrators or Moderators, no antagonising and no insults or any other kind of obnoxious or anti-social behaviour.
DEBATING AND FREE SPEECH:
Debate on subjects is healthy but it's inevitable that disagreements will flare up - particularly on subjects like religion, politics and gender equality. Disagreements aren't necessarily a bad thing but if you have an axe to grind on any non-bass related subject then Basschat.co.uk is NOT the place to do it.
Everyone has the right to their opinion, and everyone has a right to ignore your opinion! If you choose to express an opinion on the forum, don't expect everyone to agree with it or accept it without question. Be prepared to defend your opinion with reasoned debate. If you can't post a reasoned response or are incapable of backing up your statements with either independent facts, your experience (duly referenced) or the reputable opinions of other people then its probably better to say nothing.
Misunderstandings are also likely to happen, particularly if emoticons aren't used to clarify the emotional intent of your message. If you feel someone has misunderstood what you've said, try not to retaliate in a tit-for-tat manner because it may lead to more retaliation in return. We recommend the best thing to do in that circumstance is simply state you think you've been misunderstood and leave it at that.
We assume all members to be socially developed enough to recognise when disagreements are getting heated and to take steps themselves to at least agree to disagree if a civilised conclusion cannot be reached. Other members who are reading the same thread may find arguments intrusive and upsetting so please consider your fellow members at all times.
In the event that a Moderator has to intervene in a situation, their decision is final and will be made in line with their interpretation of the forum's interests. The Moderators have a job to do and they have a right to do that job without fear of abuse, bullying or retaliation. If you would like clarification of the reasoning behind a Moderator's decision, feel free to contact them via email or the private messaging system.
In the event of a dispute with another member on a thread, it is your responsibility to take all steps to resolve the dispute in a peaceful manner, even if that means not responding back. Another member's behaviour will not be accepted as an excuse or justification for your own anti-social or inconsiderate behaviour. Any attempts to air grievances over a Moderator's decision publicly on the forum will result in your posts being deleted and a warning given.
Personal vendettas against Moderators, Administrators or other members will not be tolerated and will result in sanctions being applied and possibly your Internet Service Provider (ISP) being contacted in the event of a breach of their terms and conditions. We do have the ability to log IP numbers with every post and can track them to your local exchange. Your ISP will carry logs of who has used what IP address at which time.
If you feel you have been aggrieved by another member then contact one of the Moderators and they will try to help disagreements or misunderstandings reach a happy conclusion. If you feel you have been aggrieved by a Moderator then contact one of the Administrators.
If you are a supplier or manufacturer, we would like to encourage participation by you on the forum in addressing specific topics and concerns already raised by other members. Suppliers are also invited to contribute to the general activity on the forum and may wish to put a link to their website in their signature.
If you would like to gain exclusive rights to advertise on Basschat, please contact Ped to discuss the ways in which we can provide you with a higher profile on the site.
We will take action where we feel Basschat.co.uk is being exploited for the purpose of gaining commercial benefit by third parties - particularly where there are conflicts with the interests of our supporting sponsors.
There are particular conditions relating to the use of the Market Place section. Please refer directly to the forums in this section for more detailed guidleline's on their use.
OTHER HINTS AND TIPS:
OK now we've dealt with the heavy stuff, here are some tips to help you enjoy your stay:
[indent]- DON'T TYPE ALL IN CAPS! it sounds like you are shouting and can be annoying to read, especially if you spend a lot of time on the forums.
- Please avoid using profanity
- The Administrators of Basschat.co.uk cannot be held directly responsible for the slander of another member. However contact them in the event of slanderous comments being made by another member and they will be deleted immediately.
- Never give out any personal information to anyone you don't know, remember, we could all be lying about who we really are, for example, we know Phatmonkey is actually a... ...well... ...he can tell you.
- If meeting other members in public be careful and bring a friend/tell people where you are going.
- Use the search function before posting if you think the topic may have been covered.
- Try and write in a flowing manner... don't use loads of trailing dots for example.... again, it can be annoying...
- Use appropriate titles for threads so the search function returns more relevant results and make it easier to navigate the rooms
- A picture tells a thousand words so use them where possible but keep the pic sizes down or the 'page' becomes huge and very slow to load on some computers. Put a link to pictures of a large colourful nature
- If you have any issues or problems with other community members outside of a post, the mods will do their reasonable best to help but their actions do not in any way constitute an acceptance of responsibility or liability. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions which you agreed to at sign up.
- No smoking
- If you're under thirteen, you shouldn't be contributing to this forum. The terms and conditions specify 13 as the minimum age limit for signing up.
- At the end of the day don't forget THIS IS ONLY A WEB FORUM! You can always walk away from the PC
Thanks and enjoy www.basschat.co.uk!
Hamster, Ped, Kiwi, Dood
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users