Why become a member? ×

The lowdown, issue #1

ped

Hello dear Basschatters,

I just wanted to say how pleased we are that the site has grown up so quickly - we now have over a thousand members (1,039 at the time of writing) and unlike the previous site (bassworld.co.uk) a much larger percentage of these members post on the forum. Thanks to everyone for spreading the word, contacting friends from Bassworld and other forums who were lost in the rapid and unavoidable changeover, and helping support us with lots of donations. We have, I hope, made lots of improvements over the previous site. I was especially pleased to hear how everyone likes the new site design. Your ideas and comments were great and helped us get it sorted as soon as we could. We might make a small adjustment to include some other black basses in the corner at some point.

We have just opened the Basschat 'Wiki' at the top of the menu bar (which looks pretty stunning, doesn't it?!) so you will be able to find most of the really useful 'sticky' threads moved over there. I hope it will build up into a valuable resource for everyone to dip into. If you can think of anything you would like to see there, drop one of us a line. There will be one or two changes to the forums over the next few weeks so do not be alarmed.

I have been planning to arrange another national Basschat bash. The previous bashes were very kindly organised by Paul_c of Arrowhead guitars and have been a brilliant success. It looks like many of you have held lots of local mini bashes too, which is just brilliant. I have little else to do over the next few months whilst I await spinal surgery so look out for an update in the next issue!!

Do you like my 'Lowdown' news bulletin idea by the way? It just came to me. These flashes of brilliance can be quite a burden sometimes.

Dates for your diary:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]August 18th 2007[/b]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63"]South East Bash[/url]

Backline Recording and Rehearsal Studios
1-2 The Archways
Guildford Park Road
Guildford
GU2 5NP

Farnham Road Car Park is 60p per hour or £5 per day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]November 11th 2007[/b]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1077"]Bass Day UK 2007[/url]

Royal Northern Academy of Music
Manchester
www.bassday.co.uk

That is all
ped

[i]If you have anything you would like to have added to the next 'issue' of 'The Lowdown' then send me an [[email protected]]email[/email] and I will stick it in for you... That is unless everyone hates my annoying newsletter and the idea gets panned[/i]

Thanks for that Ped! Great idea :)

I also think it would be really cool if you could include some more stuff on members in it though. And maybe members could write articles for it?

For example, "<member's band> have got a gig playing with the <insert great famous band>. Congrats, etc. then the details."

Or maybe if a member wanted to write an article about bass bashes, etc. Or any interesting news about any members! Like if a member has just had a kid (or a new shuker - They're basically the same thing :huh: )

Maybe even new cds to check out or any news if say a bass manufacturer is releasing a new line.

Just some random examples, but you get the idea. :huh:

thanks for the feedback everyone. i have taken the comments and ideas o board and pla to have brand new news from bass companies direct as well as a proper calendar editable by everyone.

been on my feet just now, my tubes have come out and im feeling alright but pretty stiff headachey and sickly. no worse than a decent post gig party.

all the best
ped (new and improved!)

[quote name='ped' post='36286' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:56 AM']thanks for the feedback everyone. i have taken the comments and ideas o board and pla to have brand new news from bass companies direct as well as a proper calendar editable by everyone.

been on my feet just now, my tubes have come out and im feeling alright but pretty stiff headachey and sickly. no worse than a decent post gig party.

all the best
ped (new and improved!)[/quote]

Hey Ped,

Take it steady and dont rush anything. I hope you're not having to pay that outrageous AirCall or whatever they are called to use the bedside 'phone TV and internet thing? What a bloody rip off that is!

hi matey no its only a tenner for five days of tv, phone and internet which is really good! cant read hotmail etc but as long as basschat is rocking... it looks great on this little screen, too!

cheers mate
ped

p.s just had a walk around and feeling pretty good. had a row of usb/midi/di connectors installed in my spine too, with a full pod xt pro shell. i hope the dont upgrade it again any time ssoon!

[quote name='ped' post='36361' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:36 PM']hi matey no its only a tenner for five days of tv, phone and internet which is really good! cant read hotmail etc but as long as basschat is rocking... it looks great on this little screen, too!

cheers mate
ped

p.s just had a walk around and feeling pretty good. had a row of usb/midi/di connectors installed in my spine too, with a full pod xt pro shell. i hope the dont upgrade it again any time ssoon![/quote]

Glad to hear you're ok :) - Did they put the trussrod adjuster in your neck or coccyx?

Hamster

[quote name='ped' post='36361' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:36 PM']p.s just had a walk around and feeling pretty good.[/quote]

Blimey, that was quick! How many stitches did they give you? Will you be setting metal detectors off at the airport?

[quote name='ped' post='36361' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:36 PM']had a row of usb/midi/di connectors installed in my spine too, with a full pod xt pro shell. i hope the dont upgrade it again any time ssoon![/quote]

Crumbs! - just seen the pictures of the vertebre fusion cage thingy - you were right - can't make out if they're 1/4" jacks or neutriks though?

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='36398' date='Jul 24 2007, 03:04 PM']Crumbs! - just seen the pictures of the vertebre fusion cage thingy - you were right - can't make out if they're 1/4" jacks or neutriks though?

Hamster[/quote]

Look like standard quarter inchers to me mate, bloody typical, the NHS couldnt even stretch to a nice pair of switchcrafts!

Glad you're ok and the op. went fine Ped! I'd watch out too.. They may have planted a bomb inside you while they were in there! :huh:

If I were you, I'd replace those standard 1/4"s for some neutriks straight away! Maybe label them input and output too :huh: You don't want to do any damage!

I personally would have requested a protools setup to be built into the spine :)