Why become a member? ×

Moog Taurus

mikeh

yep. I had taurus pedals in the 80's and I now have a midi keyboard with a roland controller in a flightcase, new, its better than the taurus, which had analoug tuning modulator probs but that moog sound is unique, I would sell my pedals if u r interested pm me, regards, nig

[quote name='JPJ' post='34332' date='Jul 19 2007, 08:53 PM']Do I sense an outbreak of the balancing on one leg Geddy Lee school of bass and keyboard tomfoolery?[/quote]

Thinking about it!! :)

Basically Im sick of keyboard players being so rare!!! And the ones you find either dont turn up when promised or turn up and do a 'Phoenix Nights' type audition, inc playing the death march to impress us!!!

im rather interested in the use of these pedals, and see myself getting some in time (lightyears away) I know Roland do some pedals, and studio logic do some, just wondering if anyones tried the studio logic ones? I read and heard how good the roland ones are, but i think if i remember rightly that the studiologic ones are cheaper.

Ads

the ones I brought are studio logic, work fine and very basic, the only problem as a non keyboardist was sussing out midi assignment, or in short, why arnt they working when the trigger light is coming on, but you can shift pitch, octave etc and they are well made and sturdy. I got the 13 note 1 octave pedals. if its feet for music to add to your bands sound they are well worth the bother.

quality, glad u like em, next thing love to see some pics man, of u working the pedals live, does it/is it off putting having these things at the floor that make noise lol, plus cant u assign samples to a note on the floor? or is that myth?

Ads

@ adam, you can trigger samples....apparantly ! ive not done it, but I used a roland sound module and would scroll thru the sounds on the rolands lcd display for the song, as for piccys, I dont have any of me playing em, but can go to the shed and take a pic of them for interest if u want.

yeah would be cool manto see it man!! I am interested and in time would like to own some, but as i dont drive, it would be hard to transport that and my bass wquiptment, but who knows?

another question lol (you must hate me now) this works with any sound modual?

Ads

[quote name='nig' post='35272' date='Jul 21 2007, 04:03 PM']The pedals are just a midi trigger like a mother keyboard, so yes any midi equiptment works with them, I'll try and get the camera out tommorow and put some pictures up.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity how much would you want for the setup?? PM me if you like.

[quote name='mikeh' post='34339' date='Jul 19 2007, 08:07 PM']Thinking about it!! :huh:

Basically Im sick of keyboard players being so rare!!! And the ones you find either dont turn up when promised or turn up and do a 'Phoenix Nights' type audition, inc playing the death march to impress us!!![/quote]

So they are in short supply in your neck of the woods also, we had a brilliant k/player turn at an audition after advertizing in the loot, why the hell he turned up i don't know, he was already in a covers band that did weddings and corperate gigs so he was getting the money. and he was also backing a C/W singer that he backed on an album. after half an hour we thought he's perfect. he then emailed us a couple of days later saying he did'nt think he could fit us in :) he wasted our time really. the only other reply we had to our advert was some women asking if we could play at her sons birthday party :huh:

sorry to go off topic. i was a bit annoyed. :huh:

Edited by beerdragon