Why become a member? ×

Basschat flyer?

Funkmaster

Just a thought I suppose this...

I went to a gig at 'the cockpit' in Leeds last night, a rare night off for me and a rare chance to see other bass players. And I saw a couple of really good bass players from the Leeds indie scene.

When bands have finished their set the last thing the bass player probably wants is someone saying 'I'm on a great bass players forum called basschat.co.uk, you should join up!'

But if there was a little flyer/business card on the site, with the basschat address on, that we could print off ourselves it would easier to pass on.

Like I said - just a thought!

David

David - you must be reading my mind. I was going to make a PDF of some flyers/business cards which people could take to gigs and events. We tried it on Bassworld ant it went down very well indeed.

Does anyone have the skills to do a proper job, or know of someone who can?

Cheers mate
ped

Lol well thats what the donations fund is for! I will have a play around in a min with some ideas. It needn't be fancy, just something with the information nice and clear, printable in black and white.

Cheers mate
ped

I am not sure - Kiwi knows but isn't about at the moment. I know he made them in CorelDraw, wheras I am using Photoshop.

I have made a quick design which I am uploading at the moment, see if you like it.

I can supply the header and basschat text logos for anyone that wants them - let me upload those for y'all too.

[quote name='ped' post='34657' date='Jul 20 2007, 02:11 PM']Cheers for the comments. Might save some ink if I repeated the top logo at the bottom, too.

Any more ideas? Kiwi is going to let us know the font type when he can have alook at home.[/quote]

Hi Ped

Just the kind of thing I was thinking about, that.

I'd put 'vibrant, helpful community' right at the top of your bullet list - 'completely free' next then 'meet-ups and offer'

(But I accept that these kinds of thoughts on design are completely subjective....)

David

Seeing as how we have just chalked up our 1000th member surely a press release to the music press would be worthwhile. A small mention in a couple of influential publications could deliver a lot of new members.

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='34880' date='Jul 20 2007, 06:26 PM']In terms of internet forums, 1000 members isn't really that impressive. Not sure if the press would take any interest?[/quote]

What about featuring naked wimmen playing bass. or naked wimmen playing bass drinking beer? it might get us noticed. just a thought. :)

I think the best kind of advertisement would be to ask nicely at the Gallery, the Bass Centre and other guitar/bass stores to let you stick a page on the window or on the wall... you won't find more bassists anywhere else.
Actually, maybe you could ask some other european stores to do that as well... maybe if we have a member from the Netherlands they could do that at Paul's Bass Matters and the Bass Connection etc... spread the world around the rest of europe as well.

[quote name='ped' post='34634' date='Jul 20 2007, 01:38 PM'][groovy banner ads][/quote]

These are great.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I often talk to other bassists as gigs. I'd happily hand out a couple of business cards if given a nice template.

Makes for conversation too.

paul.

Thanks chaps. I have been offered all sorts at bass bashes. I am very keen to get to the next one.

I think even a simpler design with the header and some bullet points belo wit in a business card size will be even better. Cheaper to produce, can slip into a wallet rather than get folded up into apocket and will be more direct and to the point.

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='beerdragon' post='34900' date='Jul 20 2007, 07:47 PM']What about featuring naked wimmen playing bass. or naked wimmen playing bass drinking beer? it might get us noticed. just a thought. :)[/quote]

Where, where :huh:

Sorry, back to business- How about putting something on Surge Music (web link perhaps) or in Ryans Gig Guide, quite popular sources of gig info etc. round my neck of the woods.

Edited by Bald Eagle

The fonts are:

For 'Basschat' - Xirod 84pt with an orange outline 2mm thick and a black centre.
For '.co.uk' - Bank Gothic md bt 48pt with the 'o' in .co centred on the base of the T in chat

Please don't use any slogans thanks, they're taken far too literally. I'm happy to supply a copy of the logo alone on a white background if it makes life easier - just drop me an email.

We should get some stickers made , i know a few sites that do that.
Theres an american forum that i used to go on,
They sold like 10 stickers for 1$
If we did the same , for like £1 for 10 we could stick em on notice boards around our town , on our rigs and anywhere else we wanna. Good cheap advertisment
Could also help funds for the site aswell

Guest Bald Eagle

[quote name='Hanson' post='35155' date='Jul 21 2007, 12:02 PM']We should get some stickers made , i know a few sites that do that.
Theres an american forum that i used to go on,
They sold like 10 stickers for 1$
If we did the same , for like £1 for 10 we could stick em on notice boards around our town , on our rigs and anywhere else we wanna. Good cheap advertisment
Could also help funds for the site aswell[/quote]

Yes, but ask yourself if you've ever taken anything seriously that you've read above a urinal :) Stickers air on the vandalastic as well and in my mind are normally associated with undesirable political parties.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok chaps I am going to get some business cards printed with the logo on one side and some bullet points on the back. Once they arrive, I will send them in packs of 10ish to anyone who requests them via a system I will set up to ensure speed and accuracy.

Watch this space - if anyone wants to design a cool flyer or a poster or anything at all, lets hear the ideas!

Cheers
ped