Why become a member? ×

Carbon fibre Pickguards, battery and rear panel covers

[quote name='raze' post='338263' date='Nov 27 2008, 11:47 AM']Hi Guys I have some carbon arriving the end of next week so its going to happen
I have a couple of orders already
Any guards I can borrow would be much appreciated
If you have a guard I can use Please pm me and ill give you my address
I cant give you a fixed price just yet but somewhere under £50 each but size and complexity will determine this.
if your lending me a guard ill do them cheaper

and Mike regarding colours to start with I am only using your usual graphite carbon weave but I may be able to offer
the tinted blue, red, silver, Kevlar weaves eventually[/quote]

hi

if you pm me your address, I'll send you an allparts pbass pickguard ypu can keep.

andy

Hi guys I have just received a sheet of perfectly flat carbon sheet
the weave is straight and it looks great as soon as I receive my first one to copy ill have some pictures to post
Got a few orders but still will have plenty left if anyone else want one

• 2 years later...

Lol! I was reading through this thread thinking 'yeah I'd like one of those' then read WPD's last post and finally noticed the post dates...
Is [i]this[/i] the legendary pickguard heist of the noughties? I thought it was just a legend.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1245000' date='May 25 2011, 11:34 PM']You can order these sheets pretty cheaply, the thing is cutting them right so they dont rupture.[/quote]

Reckon water jet cutting can do that. If people want batches done and can sort the material, I can get that done.

Good evening, all...
I've decided to branch out from my current production (see example...)...
[attachment=80944:venus_de_milo.jpg]
...and propose hand-carved solid Italian marble basses. I will need a model or two to get my patterns right; could you please PM if you have a couple of Jazzes, Precisions or Rickies that you could lend me for a while? I will offer a decent discount to those helping me in this way. Prices..? Not quite sure yet (awaiting a truckload of rock from Padua any day now...), but would around £50 seem fair (less for those who lend me their instruments, of course...)? I can't produce many (hand carving takes time, you know...), but I can start delivery in about 2015. The basses lent to me will be mollycoddled (as is fitting for a model...), and will be returned as soon as I have no further use for them.
Incidently, with my patented carving process, I can do an excellent tortoiseshell finish, if required, or even imitation carbon fibre.
Thanks in advance for your kind generosity, you will be amply rewarded.
:)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' post='1245078' date='May 26 2011, 01:19 AM']Good evening, all...
I've decided to branch out from my current production (see example...)...
[attachment=80944:venus_de_milo.jpg]
...and propose hand-carved solid Italian marble basses. I will need a model or two to get my patterns right; could you please PM if you have a couple of Jazzes, Precisions or Rickies that you could lend me for a while? I will offer a decent discount to those helping me in this way. Prices..? Not quite sure yet (awaiting a truckload of rock from Padua any day now...), but would around £50 seem fair (less for those who lend me their instruments, of course...)? I can't produce many (hand carving takes time, you know...), but I can start delivery in about 2015. The basses lent to me will be mollycoddled (as is fitting for a model...), and will be returned as soon as I have no further use for them.
Incidently, with my patented carving process, I can do an excellent tortoiseshell finish, if required, or even imitation carbon fibre.
Thanks in advance for your kind generosity, you will be amply rewarded.
:)[/quote]

If anyone lends you a bass, I hope you look after it better than you did that woman.