Why become a member? ×

Carbon fibre Pickguards, battery and rear panel covers

Hi
Im soon to start making replacment carbon fibre pickguards for popular models ie precision, jazz, mm

I can also offer a custom service if you provide a template or a donor part to copy

Truss rod covers, Battery covers, rear panel covers you name it ive even made amp surrounds

I have been making carbon fibre motorcycle parts for a while and bits for my own basses so thinking of starting sell them

Edited by raze

Ok ill check that out
Ill hopefully have a few samples in the next couple of weeks then ill get some good pics and put them up on here
[quote name='crez5150' post='337754' date='Nov 26 2008, 09:54 PM']You wanna get yourself over to Statii.com...... I'm sure a few of my fellows would love your stuff!!![/quote]

Hi
I am yet to work out what the best price i can make them for I am hoping to keep them under £50 retail
however I don't have any pickguards to copy at the moment so if any of you guys can help me by lending me a guard to copy or tracing round there guard on a cornflake box and posting it to me ill make some prototypes.
whoever does this for me i will make them for you at cost as it helps me make my templates

Many thanks
Dan

[quote name='raze' post='338087' date='Nov 27 2008, 09:03 AM']Hi
I am yet to work out what the best price i can make them for I am hoping to keep them under £50 retail
however I don't have any pickguards to copy at the moment so if any of you guys can help me by lending me a guard to copy or tracing round there guard on a cornflake box and posting it to me ill make some prototypes.
whoever does this for me i will make them for you at cost as it helps me make my templates

Many thanks
Dan[/quote]

I have a MIM Jazz plate you can borrow for a while

[quote name='raze' post='338087' date='Nov 27 2008, 09:03 AM']Hi

Many thanks
Dan[/quote]

PM me if you want a precision guard

Hi Guys I have some carbon arriving the end of next week so its going to happen
I have a couple of orders already
Any guards I can borrow would be much appreciated
If you have a guard I can use Please pm me and ill give you my address
I cant give you a fixed price just yet but somewhere under £50 each but size and complexity will determine this.
if your lending me a guard ill do them cheaper

and Mike regarding colours to start with I am only using your usual graphite carbon weave but I may be able to offer
the tinted blue, red, silver, Kevlar weaves eventually

Edited by raze

I would definitely be interested in a couple

one for a Fender MIA Jazz V Deluxe and one for a Fender MIA Precision Deluxe.

I am happy to leave coupleof pickguards with you for a few days- depending on where you are in Surrey, you might be round the corner from me too.

Send me a PM if you want to proceed.

I'm actually interested in a nice tortoiseshell pickguard for my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz and as it's not a standard shape they're not readily available in the UK. If you could do it at a reasonable price I'd be happy to post you my original pickguard to make a template?

[quote name='Rowbee' post='339888' date='Nov 28 2008, 05:13 PM']I'm actually interested in a nice tortoiseshell pickguard for my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz and as it's not a standard shape they're not readily available in the UK. If you could do it at a reasonable price I'd be happy to post you my original pickguard to make a template?[/quote]

Hi Rowbee as Machines said I am only making carbon fibre ones at the moment If you want one I may be able to elaborate on the shape a bit
If your interested pm me to explain what your looking for

I can also have your body's and guards airbrushed with anything you want on them but It is time consuming and not cheap

[quote name='Machines' post='340409' date='Nov 29 2008, 12:32 PM']raze, how straight is the weave usually ? It looks a little wavy on the ABM case you have there.[/quote]

Yeah I guess thats not the best example
I made that rack cover out of an old offcut of carbon from a huge sheet
The bigger the sheet of carbon it is the harder it is to get a consistant weave pattern
Thats whay ive ordered carbon for these plates in reasonably small squares
that way they are pulled tight and left to set on a paine of glass rather than a desk

Its never going to look as quite as perfect as pre-preg carbon but they will still look great

I also made myself a pedal board out of real thick carbon ill take some pics for you later and post them
its great lighter than wood and stronger than aluminium